Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Tuesday's Dinner

Was mini roast beast sandwiches at Seester Kathy's. NOMMY!



Ready for another mind-blowing addition of THE LIFE AND TIMES OF DAD? I am. I went to Seester Kathy's yesterday afternoon to spend some time with Dad. Bro-n-Law Darryll and Niece Ashley were there so that was a treat. The sun was out and I found Dad on his chaise lounge eating his cheese, ham and Ritz Crackers. Of course he was eating this laying down so there were cracker crumbs everywhere...but not to worry because this was a job for Jax-The-Cheese-Connesewer!

So while I'm sitting there I can hear this weird little clicking noise. At first I thought it was the pine cones opening up on the pine tree, but no, it was little yellow-jacket bees eating on the bamboo fense. So weird. Bro-n-Law Darryll says they use it to make their homes. Very cool!

Let's see how it's going with another fine episode of KEEPING UP WITH THE KECKY'S! After visiting with Dad and Seester Kathy et al., I went on my merry home. I retrieved our mail and found an envelope from The Presidio Residences. Now, The Presidio Residences is The Presidio Trust's residential property manager. I like to think of them as the Trust's bitch.

When we get envelopes like this, it's never good news. Upon opening the envelope, I see that our refuse service is now going to be billed through the Trust's Utilities Department. I'm wondering what kind of service charge the Trust will charge for that? Anyhow, the letter states that we need to sign the Residential Utility Service Agreement and check the box showing what kind of refuse cans we have.

On this "agreement" is some very fine print that you would need a magnifying glass to read. It states "I agree to pay all fees and charges for utilities service to the Premises within 30 calendar days of the date of each bill or invoice, which fees and charges may include, without limitation, fees for monthly service, and fees for repairs, inspection or maintenance. Any amount not paid within 30 calendar days of the date of the bill or invoice shall be past due. Once an amount is past due, I also agree to pay interest, administrative charges and fees which will accrue at the then-applicable federal debt collection rate and terms. I agree to pay for continuation of services until a written request has been received by the Presidio Trust Utilities Department for disconnection of services. My failure to pay the Presidio Trust the amount billed within the period specified on the bill or invoice at the address specified on the bill or invoice shall constitute a default under that certain Residential Lease for the Premises by and between the Presidio Trust, as landlord, and me, as tenant, dated ________________________________, 20______."

Now you don't have to read the whole thing cause it's boring, but check out that little bold part. To me that says that Poppy and I are responsible for paying any fees associated with repairs, inspection or maintenance of the utilities. According to this agreement which I believe would include our electric, water, sewer and refuse. I interpret this to mean, for example, if the sewer line in the street busts, Poppy and I would be responsible for paying for it's repair, inspection or maintenance. This would also then apply to anything electric, water and refuse related. Let's say that sewer pipe is 100 years old...why would I be responsible for paying for that? What if the 50 year old electric meter breaks? I'm not paying for that.

As you can imagine, after 7 years of living here and being model Presidio live/work tenants, Poppy and I can't wait to get the H.E. Double L out of here!!!

Also, I took Jax-The-Cheese-Connesewer for her walk this morning so she could make poopy. She does this at the native plant nursery on the bark. Sometimes I have trouble seeing it...like today. Never did find it. Not until I got home and saw it on the bottom of my shoe.

See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment