Monday, May 24, 2010
Sunday's Dinner...and Stella my Stella.
Last night's dinner was one of my standards: NOM NOM NOM Chicken. I served it with roasted potatoes and sauteed greens. Here's the recipe:
KECKY’S NOM NOM NOM CHICKEN
6-8 chicken thighs (skin on) or any kind of chicken parts you want
3-4 sprigs rosemary
sea or kosher salt
Freshly ground pepper
4-5 cloves garlic
1 large onion or a couple of shallots
White wine, Beer or Marsala (I like Marsala best).
1. Spread the rosemary around the bottom of a baking dish.
2. Put the chicken on top, skin side up.
3. Liberally pour olive oil all over the chicken so it also drips down into the pan.
4. Take your alcohol and pour it into the pan so you have about ¼-½ inch of liquid in the bottom of the pan.
5. Liberally salt the chicken…and I mean liberally and sprinkle with some pepper and Italian seasoning.
6. Turn the chicken over and repeat #5. Turn the chicken back over skin side up…and yeah, repeat #5.
7. Peel the garlic and give it a whack and stick it all round the chicken
8. Peel the onion and cut it into chucks and stick it all around the chicken
Bake at 400 in the middle rack of the oven for about an hour. If the skin isn’t crispy looking by then, I move the rack to the broiler and broil for a few minutes until the skin is at your desired crispiness.
This recipe is very versatile. As you can see, when I made it last night, I butterflied the chicken and lined the pan with the herbs.
Time for another exciting episode of KEEPING UP WITH THE KECKY'S! You will recall that Poppy got the STELLA model scooter and I got my Buddy. Well, after indecisiveness, I'm going to call the dealership and change my order to a STELLA. I'm going to get the La Crema and she will be called Bianca.