Saturday, May 1, 2010

Friday's Dinner

Being that it was Friday and the Kecky's were tired I originally opted not to cook. But I went to the store to get the Mounds-O-Meat that I would be grinding for Bro-In-Law-Darryll's retirement party and saw a couple of steaks that I thought would be NOM grilled. So I got those and some broccoli and cauliflower. Seeing that the Kecky's are on a tight budget now, I figured this was way cheaper than ordering in.

For the steaks, I rubbed on a Kecky's Steak Shake and for the broc and cauli, I sliced the florets and tossed them in FooFoo olive oil, Kecky's herbed salt and pepper. Roasted the broc and cauli for about 15 minutes at 400 and I grilled the steaks...a wee bit too long. When the steaks were over-done, I rested them with a couple of pads of Kecky's Roquefort Butter on the top. Darn tasty!

Last night I ground the Mounds-O-Meat:



And this morning I mixed in my seasonings:



Are you ready for all my secret recipes? Here goes...

For the burger I add Worcestershire and onion soup mix. I make my own onion soup mix:

Kecky's Onion Soup Mix

8 tsp dry minced onion
1 tsp onion powder
2 Tbsp beef bouillon granules (try to get it w/o MSG)
1/4 tsp celery salt

I don't have the exact measurements for what I put into the burger meat but say for a pound of burger I'd start with a tablespoon of seasoning and Worcestershire. Jax-The-Cheese-Connesewer and I test it by making a wee little patty and cooking it. Jax, as you can imagine, doesn't really care if it's uncooked or cooked, seasoned or not seasoned. But she's my little helper and floor cleaner all the same...

So now let's talk about the burger meat. I'm a strong believer in grinding the meat myself. I think it adds a certain freshness plus you know your using one or two pieces of meat that came from a cow and not 50. Here's the other secret to the burger...I add a couple of Johnsonville Brats to the mix. It gives the meat the fat it needs for a juicy burger, plus a little pork in a burger, c'mon!!

Here's the bonus...after the burgers are cooked and you're ready to dress them, don't forget a little:

Kecky's Klassic Burger Sauce

1/2 cup mayonnaise
4 Tbsp ketchup
2 tsp sweet pickle relish
1-2 tsp sugar (start gradually. I use Agave Nectar)
2 tsp Kecky's Red Swine Vinegar(or sherry vinegar)
1 tsp ground black pepper

Whisk it all together.

Looks like today is a good day for a cookout...go make some burgers!

By the way, if any of you need any of the Kecky products I've been referring too, let me know.

Chow!

No comments:

Post a Comment