Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Monday's Dinner


Wouldn't you know, I forgot to take a picture of the dinner!! But here's what it looked like when my body-double caught it.

Poppy pan-seared him with salt and pepper. I sauteed spinach in garlic, shallots, a little chicken broth, Kecky's Herbed Salt and pepper. I also made a wasabi sauce to top the salmon. I used:

1 cup Fage Greek Style Yogurt
1/2 cup mayo
3 tablespoons prepared wasabi paste (the weird looking green stuff in the tube)
1 tablespoon chopped shallots
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/2 water

I put the soy sauce, water and shallots in a small sauce pan and simmer it for about 10 minutes. Let it cool Then I mix the yogurt, mayo and wasabi paste. Once the soy liquid is cool, I fish out the shallots and about 3 tablespoons of the liquid and add it to the yogurt mixture. Mix well. If it's not soy-ee enough, add more liquid.

Uber NOM!!

Time for a segment of THE LIFE AND TIMES OF DAD...As most of you know, he's been staying with Seester Kathy, et al. He's been spending the week taking walks, watching movies and sitting on his chaise lounge with his vodka tonic. Seester Kathy has been working out his finances and I've been trying to research Social Security to see if he can get Shirley's benefits. I've also got the Power of Attorney ready to go that will give Seester Kathy control of his financial life. Heh heh heh... We bought him one of those hearing amplifiers since the hearing aid he wears doesn't fit right. When he eats, it shoots out his ear. So instead of investing some $$ into custom-fit aids, we bought him one of those "as seen on TV" amplifiers. Yeah, the one that the old lady sitting on the bench is wearing and she can here the gossip from some neighbor 5 blocks away. Seester Kathy called last night to say it worked great! When I bought the amplifier, I also bought a book "How to Care for Aging Parents". Bet that's going to be a page-turner alright!

Here's a picture of the little chickens my Dad made a few years back. Not sure if you've ever seen the very expensive French ceramic chickens. He copied them using styrofoam balls, toothpicks and wood filler. I love them!!



Say, how about we check in with a new season of KEEPING UP WITH THE KECKY'S (formerly known as THE HUNT FOR KASA KECKY)! As of this morning, all conditions have been removed and we're sitting pretty for our June 4 closing. We could very well close sooner than that. We're now waiting for Poppy's TSP loan to disperse into our account. I know I should be really excited, but with everything else that's been going on plus all the hoops we had to jump through to get to this point, my excitement has kind of fizzled out. I'm sure as we start down-sizing and packing I'll perk up.

That's all I have for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment