Sunday, May 30, 2010

Saturday's Dinner



After seeing the movie Food Inc., Poppy and I decided we would try to only eat meat and poultry that was raised organically, cage free and grass fed...aka, happy meat. That said, if we have a party and you're invited you won't be getting happy meat. Not that we don't love you, we just can't afford that much happiness to feed the masses.

Anyhoo, yesterday was spent on our bicycles. Our first stop was to order all the accessories for our scooters and then hitting the Goodwill store to look for scooter jackets. No luck! Then we headed toward home. I wanted to have something nice for dinner so we decided to get some nice looking happy meat from Marina Meats on Chestnut Street.

Wouldn't you know that after we finished our shopping A16 was just opening. So we stopped in for a glass (or two) of wine. Had very nice conversations with Wine-Tenders Michael and Aidan. Wine-Tender Michael and I exchanged blogs. His is www.corkdork.com. Check it out.

Okay, so on Le Menu besides the happy meat was grilled corn-on-the-cob and grilled apricots stuffed with Chevre. Oh, I also had a few roma tomatoes laying around so we stuffed those with the Chev. INFINTY NOM!!

So Poppy just can't seem to get over the way I eat my corn-on-the-cob. Here is a pic of her cob and mine. You'll note that I have two pretty large front teeth so you can probably figure out which cobby is mine...I don't eat it that way on purpose, it just happens. You might also think that I eat it up and down and not left to right. Not true, I eat it left to right and still I get those weird rows. Interesting? Probably not.



Well, it's another beautiful day in the hood. Hope you get out and enjoy it!

Chow!

No comments:

Post a Comment