Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Tuesday's Dinner





Was...Asparagus-Brussly Frittata! Figured I had the asparagus in the fridge and it had to be eaten. Threw some brussly's in there too...along with diced pancetta, shallots and garlic. Topped it with some doctored up Greek-style yogurt. Very high on the NOM scale!

Let's get to the good stuff. As you know, the grand opening of Rob Hill Campground was this weekend so now Poppy's attention is turning towards her new project, Presidio Habitats. Near as I understand this is an art based project with pieces of art throughout the Presidio depicting Presidio Habitats. So last night I decided to walk home instead of riding my trusty steed, The Silver Streak. I set out from work along Lincoln and then went up the trail on Park. I come along two sculptures. One isn't bad, it says something like "Adapt to Change". But the other one says:



I'm sure you're having trouble reading it..."RESOLVE CONFLICT WITH SONG." Not to offend anyone who reads my blog or is associated with the project, but can we get more gay'er!...and I'm gay so I can say that. As I'm walking I keep expecting to see Snow White, her 7 politically correct little people and some tweeting blue birds come out from behind a tree singing "Whistle while you work"! I get that I lack a little culture, but c'mon!! I have this vision of the Trust and CalTrans sitting in a meeting singing "If I had a Hammer...". Then everyone gets up and hugs each other.

So I continue my walk and come upon what looks like a bunch of round pieces of metal, like the kinds that hold wine barrels together but large, all strewn in a bunch of trees, ivy and poison oak. I'm thinking, geez, someone didn't clean up after themselves...but then I see a Presidio Habitat sign and in some way I'm supposed to see this as some kind of coyote sculpture. Nope, not even a little bit.

Anyway, I think it's great that you'll be able to take a walk and check out all this "art" but I'm just missing the point on some of it. Guess that's why I'm a secretary and not an artist!

Have a creative day!

No comments:

Post a Comment