Sunday, May 23, 2010

Saturday's B-Day Weenie Roast and Hey Stella, Who's Yer Buddy?


First of all, can I just say what a gorgeous day it was yesterday! Days like this you realize why you live in the Bay Area.

These kinds of days are also Jax-The-Cheese-Connesewer's favorites...



As mentioned, yesterday was Nephew Lucas and Niece Ashley's Birthdays. As usual, a fun time was had by all! Seester Kathy made her INFINITY NOM potato salad and Bro-n-Law Darryll grilled up about 4 different kinds of sausages. I'd made a Muffaletta topping to go on the dogs, but I think I'm the only one that ate it. I thought it was NOM! I know I've asked Seester Kathy to share the potato salad recipe with you, but has yet to give it to me. Me thinks she wants to keep this a secret! Niece Ashly also made some gluten free carrot cake cupcakes. Very NOM!!



Let's have a little check-in with THE LIFE AND TIMES OF DAD! I was talking to Dad yesterday and he says "Well, I've got one more night here." I reply "Yep, then soon you'll have a lifetime here." He looked at me and said "But what if I find a someone up there (Minden) and I want to stay?" My mouth about dropped to the floor. Then Poppy tells me later that Dad told her he had been talking to some gal at the Club and he's smitten with her...but he doesn't know if she's married or not. Can I just say that this is really messing with the grand plan? He can't live alone and Sister Missy ain't gonna spend the rest of his days up there taking care of him. I dunno, maybe we need to check into some assisted living place up there. I guess the bottom line is, we need to figure out what he really wants.

Forgive me for thinking out loud here but if you ask me, Dad has always looked to others for his happiness. Seems if he doesn't have a woman, his life he doesn't feel complete. I think that's the way he was raised. Yet, he's always had a woman...my Mom and then Shirley but he's always been so unhappy. While I think it might be too late, but I think he needs to look inside himself for his happiness. Maybe we need to have a sit down and have a talk with him. I dunno, I need to talk to Seester Kathy about all this...I was up all night thinking about this stuff. Argh!



Okay, so lets have another exciting episode of KEEPING UP WITH THE KECKY'S! I always want to write "A Quinn Martin Production" every time I type that. Well, as I said yesterday, Poppy and I went to test drive the Stella (and you have to say that like Marlin Brando too). I'm afraid that STELLA was a little too complicated for my tastes at this time in my life, but Poppy dug her! She's a 4-speed vintage-like (just like my Poppy) scooter. Poppy said STELLA is a little clunky, just like her. :) Poppy did end up with the Slate model.



As you also recall, this is another step in the direction of my kickass-crotchety old age on the Hoveround, so I decided on the simplicity of the Buddy. She's also the Slate colored model and she's also known as the "San Tropez". If you're from Pacifica, you know the correct way to pronounce San Tropez! Reminds me of a jingle...Bain de Soleil for the San Tropez Tan... Oh, wait, I was just looking online. It's Saint Tropez!! Never mind.

My Buddy is just a sit and go bike. My Buddy will go just as fast as Poppy's STELLA but without all that bulky shifting and clutch stuff. STELLA also has a rear brake on the floor and Buddy has the simple brake lever system just a bicycle. The only difference is the brakes are the opposite of how a bicycle's brakes are. This could potentially create a small problem of what we now call "Parking at Speed".

So the girls will be ready to pick up in a couple of weeks and Poppy, Jax-The-Cheese-Connesewer and I will be motoring all over the City. We can't wait! Today we get to pick out all the fun accessories that will adorn the girls.

I feel so...well...Italian. Chow Bella! Oops...now I feel...well...so...French. Au revoir Belle!

No comments:

Post a Comment