Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Ahhh...a new day begins.


The plan for this morning was to all sleep in. Well, except for Dad cause he gets up with the sun. I woke up at 8:30 and found that Sister Kathy was not in bed. When I came out to the kitchen, she was going over all of Dad's bills. I asked why she didn't sleep in. She said "Because I don't have earplugs!" I guess I snore a little. But I was wearing earplugs because, like my Mom, she moans all night long!

So while Kathy was doing Dad's bills, he walked out of the room. She looked at me and said "Give him a job!" I think he's micro-managing...plus repeating himself constantly.

That brings me to the Kirby...I guess a while back, the Kirby salesperson came to the door and without Shirley or Missy to watch over, Dad spent $1,300 on a vacuum. It's nice and all but it's got a regular vacuum cord that has been run over a couple of times so I see exposed wires. I'm thinking if you paid that much for a vacuum, the wires should be made of steel! His job was to tape where the wires were exposed. Sounds easy right? Well, first he had to find the electrical tape. He forgot once what it was he was doing then he came in the house with another one of those Hamms Beer boxes full of electrical parts and asked me to look for the electrical tape. Found it. I haven't checked his work yet.

Today's fun is changing Dad's address on all the bills so they go to Sister Kathy and then once Sister Missy gets up and has her coffee, we'll go to the DMV to transfer Dad's minivan to her.

Okay, gotta get busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment