Thursday, March 4, 2010

Wednesday's Dinner



Unfortunately, the food fairy hasn't made a drop since last week so I'm just about out of anything green or healthy. I managed to put together a simple salad from all the stuff I'd bought for last Saturday's dinner and a few items that were leftover from Donner Does Pizza. One of the staples we keep at Kasa Kecky is frozen wild Sockeye Salmon that we get from Costco. So that's what we served with the salad. Since we decided to go with a Japanese theme, I made a dressing of seasoned rice vinegar, sesame oil and pepper. Poppy dusted the salmon filets with some Furikake and then pan cooked those bad boys. What is Furikake you might ask? Well, let me tell you...It's a Japanese seasoning made with dried ingredients such as seaweed, sesame seeds, sugar and salt. NOMMY-NOM-NOM!!

No comments:

Post a Comment