Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Monday's Dinner


Yep, you guessed it...still working on the leftovers from Saturday night. So, to go along with those mashed potatoes and gravy, I breaded a couple of boneless pork chops (yeah, those were the pork chops we were going to have on Sunday but I never got around to making them) in Italian-style panko that had a wee bit of grated Parmesan and fresh chopped parsley mixed in. I ran the chops through an egg/milk mixture and then dredged them through the panko. Put some oil in my favorite cast iron pan and sauteed a couple of chopped cloves of garlic. When the garlic was a little brown I removed it from the pan and left the oil. Browned those chops in the oil and put them in the oven at 325 degrees for about 25 minutes. Served them with the mashed and some steamed broccoli. I can see that I need a few more tries with this dish. On the one chop, most of the breading was left in the pan. Poppy said she liked it and would definitely eat it again, but commented on the gravy that I made Saturday...she didn't like the touch of Marsala I put in it. I agreed so that won't be happening again.

No comments:

Post a Comment