Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Wednesday's Dinner

I've got a lot to talk about today so first off, let's talk about personal grooming. For Christmas last year, Poppy and I got Sister Kathy a gift certificate to SenSpa. SenSpa is one of those she-she day spas but has good deals for eyebrow waxing...or so we thought. Sister Kathy went in yesterday to get her brows shaped and tinted. She came back looking like a cross between Keith Olbermann and Groucho Marx. Plus, the lady that did the work shaped the right brow so it looks like Joan Crawford in Mommy Dearest. This kind of stuff only happens to my Sister!







Interesting piece of news. Amy-Mae sent me a blurb from SFGate that the HGTV show, My First Place is going to be filming in SF and is looking for cast members to talk about their struggles of house-hunting. I figure we're a shoe-in. So I sent Mr. Schnieder and email and referred him to my April 16 entry of my blog and it appears I've piqued his interest. So I filled out the application and sent some goofy pictures of me, Poppy and Jax-The-Cheese-Connesewer. The pictures are supposed to show personality. I've got lots of those but seems that more than half of them show us holding an alcoholic beverage. How's that for family entertainment? I'll let you know if we get picked. My only fear is that it's taking us so long to find a house, this show could go on for several seasons. I talked to Camera-Shy-Poppy about it so she wants to play it like Jay and Silent Bob...only given LuvBacon's current state she said she's play it like Silent Blob. I'm still laughing at that one!

Last night we went to see a place in the Sunset on Rivera. It's your basic box from the outside but I really loved the inside and the backyard, which is sheltered from the wind...and get this, they've got tomatoes growing!!! The kitchen is exactly what I'm looking for. It has a refurbished Wedgewood stove and subway tile on the floor! Mama want it something bad! Price is right too. We could even afford to eat out once in a while. Poppy really likes it but wishes it was sitting in the middle of the Mission. Could this be the one? You'll find out on another exciting episode of The Hunt for Kasa Kecky.



So turns out, the Seller's agent, Todd is the guy that jerked us around on the house on 47th Ave. They had accepted an offer on it, but the buyer's financing was a VA loan so it was difficult to close. Todd encouraged us to put an offer in and said it was practically ours. So we did. Then we kept getting excuses as they waited for the VA loan to go through. Well it evidently did, cause we gave up and never heard from him until now.

Todd is the kind of agent that I'm pretty sure quite his job as a used car salesman to sell real estate. From the time we walked into the place he didn't shut up. He told us the Sellers had outgrown the house now that they have two kids and since we didn't have kids, it's perfect for us. Oh, he also told us that there are two lesbians that live across the street. Wow, not two lesbians?...that would make 4 on the block if we buy. So would that be considered a gaggle of lesbians, a flock of lesbians, or a herd of lesbians? And of course, at the end of our looking at the house and just like he said on the 47th Ave property..."Make me an offer." Like we're talking to the Godfather or something.

On to dinner...we had Korean fud a few blocks down the street. It's a very unassuming place. I would tell you the name but I don't have those kinds of characters on my keyboard. Looks something like this: ^%^$#%&*(^$. Anyway, you could hardly tell it was a restaurant. No windows either. We had the giblets in garlic, a seafood pancake and a dried fish plate. The giblets were really good. The pancake was good too, but every time I picked up a piece, a tentacle would fall out of it. The dried fish was odd. The dried octopus smelled and tasted like barnyard (aka, pooh-pooh). Poppy really loved it. We will definitely go back. One item we want to try next time is corn w/cheese. Wonder that that will look like?



Okay, that's all I have for today. Cross your fingers that we move ahead on this house.

No comments:

Post a Comment