Saturday, April 10, 2010

Friday's Dinner


Was chicken KachaKecky and it was very high on the NOM scale. Poppy wasn't a fan of the skin cause it wasn't crispy but I love, love, love wet chicken. The sauce was easy..onions, red bell pepper, garlic, diced tomatoes, dry white wine (I used a dry Rose) salt, pepper and basil. Served it over pasta shells and my green beans. I cooked the beans in some of the fat that the chicken was browned in. Again, NOM!



Well one more week of training to go before the 10k. My running buddy, Netty-Mae is currently in Mexico. I sent her a text today to see if she's been running. She said the humidity has been 90% so she's been doing a lot of walking. Today I was to run 5 miles but since Fatass still hasn't lost any weight and seems to like to drink like a fish, we ran about 3 miles with a little walking thrown in for fun. Wonder what goal Fatass and I will set after this little race?

You may recall the reward for doing this 10k is oysters and bubbly at Chandon Winery. That seems to be up in the air since there are only a few precious weeks left to find a place to buy before the $8,000 tax credit runs out. Can't be letting a Sunday of house-hunting slip away. Plus our agent, Lynnea said that things will open up again after April 15.

You know, now that I'm thinking about it...I can let a Sunday of house-hunting go! Poppy can stay here and look while I basque in the warm sun of Sonoma eating oysters and drinking the bubbly. It's all about priorities, isn't it?

Well that'll do it for today. Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment