Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Monday's Dinner


Were still working on the carnitas so dinner was a repeat of Sunday...carnitas burrito. So very NOM!!

So after three days and a lot of looking, Roger has returned to Kasa Kecky. When I got home yesterday, I took the mason jar that has her catnip in it and went outside and made the noise of opening the jar and she popped out from under the house. Our black cat was now gray and very shakie. She's got some small puncture wounds and her paw looks pretty nasty. Poppy said they are all exit wounds so at least she got away from whatever attacked her. Poor little girl. We've been keeping the wound clean and will watch it for the next few days.

A few words about living in a construction zone...it's getting very musical. We've got the worlds largest oscillator across the street that has this noise that is very rhythmic. It starts every morning at 6:59. Who needs a stinking alarm clock when you've got the world's largest oscillator to wake you up? Last night we had what I called Big Ben sounding every 10 minutes or so. DONG, DONG, DONG. At least we haven't had a rat in the walls in a couple of weeks. Oh, and I walked to and from work yesterday which is normally a 20 minute walk. Took me about an hour to get home because I couldn't get through any of my usual locations. Pretty much walked the perimeter of the f-ing park with my bag and a 10lb laptop. Didn't really need the exercise either since I'd just waddled that 10k the day before. But really, we're being well compensated for the construct on so I can't complain.

I'm working from home today so I can keep an eye on our little escapee. Think I'll make some brown rice and tofu for lunch. NOMMMM!

Tootles!

No comments:

Post a Comment