Tuesday, April 6, 2010

I've lost my appetite!

Remember how our offer on the Bryant Street condo was verbally accepted? Well guess what? We knew there were tenants occupying the place, but on the listing and verbally from the Seller's agent, the Tenants were to move out at the close of escrow. Not so fast there, Sparky! Seems they just can't seem to find a place in the Mission for the price they want to pay. At least that's one of the reasons we've been told that the Seller can't guaranty that the Tenants will be gone by the time escrow closes. So, after much back and forth, the last idea was that the Seller would lower the price of the condo and we'd buy it with the Tenants in tow. But here's the thing, because San Francisco is renter friendly, in order to evict the Tenants, we would have to pay each of them just about $5,000 plus moving expenses. Oh, and if they're old or disabled, add another few grand to that amount. So Poppy and I are very disheartened at the moment. The deal isn't dead but it's definitely in a coma right now. Funny thing, Poppy went on Craigslist and found at least two places in the Mission that would take a dog where the price was well within the Tenant's budget. We think there's something fishy in Denmark...or the Mission. Jerks!

Sister Kathy and I just got back from a whirl-wind trip to Minden to take care of Dad's doctor's appointment for his memory loss. Dad's appointment was at 12:30 yesterday. Shirley also wanted to talk to the doctor cause she was feeling really bad but didn't want to go to the hospital, because it's quicker if you go see the doctor and if he wants you in the hospital, they'll call an ambulance for you and you get to bypass the ER. Little tricks they've learned over the years. Okay, so Dad, Shirley, Sister Kathy, Step-Sister Missy (aka, Dick) all go marching into the little doctors office with the nurse. She said she's going to take Dad's blood pressure. Well, you know me and Sister Kathy and how we like a good time, right? So Sister Kathy tells Dad he needs to take off his clothes to get his blood pressure. I say "Show us your penis!" I don't' exactly remember what the nurse said but it was something like "you must have had fun raising these two."

After seeing the doctor, they both were given paperwork for blood work and CT Scans. While they were getting their blood work done, I thought I'd try to speed up the process so I called the Great Basin Imaging place to get them both an appointment for the CT Scans. Lucky for us, they could take them one right after the other yesterday. The gal asked me what the doctor wrote as the reason for both of their Scans. So I looked on Dad's paper and it said "confusion". I looked on Shirley's paper and it also said "confusion". I told the gal it was confusion for both of them. She said "Ohhhh...bless their little hearts."



As you can see, I've attached a picture of Jax-The-Cheese-Connesewer. I've been gone for almost three days so I wanted you to see how much she missed me.

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment