Friday, April 23, 2010

Thursday's Dinner

More Carnitas. This time, Poppy put some KC Masterpiece on it and I made some yummy mashed potatoes and a little arugula salad.

Today has the makings of a very exciting day. We put an offer in on The New Kasa Kecky and I'm off to the DMV this morning to renew my driver's license. Just doesn't get any better than that. I'm winging it too...going without an appointment. Lucky for me I checked to make sure it wasn't a Furlough Friday!

We're expecting a counter-offer on the house sometime today so more on that later. Also, more on my adventures at the DMV...

But first...check out my early birthday present from Sister Kathy, et al. Oh yeah!!!



Okay, so I rode my bike to the DMV and got there 15 minutes before the place opened. There was a line of at least 30 people ahead of me.



See this guy drinking his Peets? He's got happy feet and is dancing. Turns out, no food or drink allowed in the building. Mr. Security Guard made him toss it.



I got this picture when I was getting closer to the door. Yeah, that orange thing is a needle cover for a syringe. Why do I know this? My Mom was a diabetic and would shoot up every morning. Ask Sister Kathy what she did with the oranges and the vodka when she went to Day On The Green...

So, once I got in the door and got my number, G014 and was told to take a seat. This was my view:



And this:



Did you ever see the move Logan's Run? If so, you will recall "Sanctuary". That's where you would go to get "renewed" when you turned 30 only they'd kill you. There was this sultry women's voice that would announce "Santuary in 15 minutes." "Santuary in 5 minutes." Well that same ladies' voice is at the DMV announcing numbers. "Number G014 to window number 6." Don't think I wasn't just a little scared. So I go to the window and tell the nice lady I need to "renew" my drivers license. I told her it's been many years and the ravages of time have not been good to me. She either laughed or burped. I couldn't tell. She takes my papers and asks me if my height or weight has changed. I replied "Well yeah! Why don't you add 30 pounds to my weight!" So she crosses out my weight on the paper and writes the new and improved "obese" number. I stare at her for a few seconds and I say "I wasn't supposed to say that, was I?" She replies "No, most people say it's the same." Too late cause she's already marked it on the paper. Man, do I feel stoopid. I guess if Fatass ever gets off her ass and loses some weight, it'll look good cause people will look at my license and say "You're not that fat!"

From the DMV I then made my way back to work. I stopped at this little market to get some stuff for dinner tonight. I walk in the store and this guy at the counter looks at me then looks at the guy at the cash register and he goes "Got a wild one here!" What the heck was that supposed to mean? Just cause I was wearing my Strawberry Shortcake helmet doesn't make me a wild one, I don't think. I look at the guy with my best stink eye and go "What?" Jerk!

I just talked to the Assistant U.S. Attorney and it seems the project-from-hell that I'm working on is due a little sooner than I thought. I thought September. He says June 1. Looks like I need to make some miracles happen!

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment