Saturday, April 3, 2010

Friday's Dinner


We met our friends, Renee and Jean-Carlos for Shabu Shabu at My Shabu House on Geary. What is Shabu you might ask? It's Japanese beef fondue. Basically each table has a hot plate that you put a pot of broth on and then bring it to a boil and you cook your beef or lamb, veggies and udon. Put it in the pot and stir it all around and call it dinner! It's very fun and really NOM!

So Poppy and I are in the throws of finalizing our offer for our new Kasa Kecky in the Mission. That begs the question: What are people who live in the Mission called? Missioners, Missionites or Missionaries (so not my favorite). If you know what we're called, let me know. If everything goes well, we should be in contract Monday or Tuesday next week. Interesting since Sister Kathy and I are going up to Dad's tomorrow and won't come back until Tuesday. Say, this reminds me of a story....

A few years back, Poppy and I, Sister Kathy and Nephew Lucas went up to Dad and Shirley's for a visit. Step Sister Missy already had moved in with them. Anyhow, Dad and Shirley take us all to Fiona's for dinner. Understand that Dad and Shirley gamble at the Carson Valley Inn (aka CVI) and get comps for all the $$$ they drop. That means we all get free dinner at Fiona's...which happens to specialize in meat! Oh yeah! So, we go there and the waitress comes to the table and some of us happen to be wearing red. This prompts the waitress to say to us..."You know, never go to Disneyland on 'Red Shirt Day' cause that's when all the gays go!" Now, I'm sitting at a table with two other lesbians besides myself...who happen to be in red shirts. So this waitress keeps going on about all the gays at Disneyland on Red Shirt Day. I'm sitting across from Sister Kathy who is doing the motion of her hand across her neck which is her silent way of saying to me DON'T SAY ANYTHING. I look at Nephew Lucas and his eyes are so big they're about to pop out of their sockets. I look at Poppy and she's just shaking her head. I look at Step Sister Missy who is cracking up. So finally the gal goes away and Shirley says: "YOU'RE NOT IN KANSAS ANYMORE..."

Well, That's all I have for you...

I'll be at Dad's until Tuesday so I'll check in after I get back. I'm sure I'll have lots to report!

P.S. The picture is Jax-The-Cheese-Connesewer's toy. I bought it at the NPS store. It's a Peregrine Falcon...I imagine it's still an endangered species. Jax likes to kill it!

No comments:

Post a Comment