Friday, April 30, 2010

Thursday's Dinner

I'm getting lazy. We had leftover pasta.

Let's see what I have for you today...Well, yesterday was Bro-N-Law-Darryll's last day of working. At 50, he's now retired! There's a little party tomorrow at their house to celebrate. Can't imagine how it felt to be him and wake up this morning knowing you just retired. He's been doing some side work for some folks and he'll probably get a part-time job at Home Depot. He would be very good at that. He's a people person.

I went to the post office yesterday to send an express mail. This is what it looked like:



I stood there for what seemed an eternity clearing my throat and coughing to try to get some one's attention. Finally, "Debbie" came out. I don't know what the insides of your Post office look like, but the one on the Presidio has so many do's and don'ts signs on the walls you can hardly see any paint. DMV is like that too. My favorite one is "PLEASE DO NOT LET YOUR CHILD SIT ON THE COUNTER!"

And that leads me into another exciting episode of THE HUNT FOR KASA KECKY! We received the results of the mold inspection yesterday. You recall that's where they tested the air. You will be shocked to learn the results came back clean. Good to know the air in the house is free of mold and allergens...whatever.

We had more conversations with Tim-I-Really-Want-Your-Business yesterday. Remember that we were trying to choose between Richard-The-Money-Giver and Tim. Well, Tim sent us an email that was very convincing. He said "I would be your advocate, educator, shopper, investigator and when necessary - fighter." Well that just sealed the deal for us! We filled out the application and gathered all our paperwork and that's why I went to the empty post office yesterday. I sent all that stuff by Express Mail from your Post Office because inside the envelope was our whole lives and identities.

Okay, so here's the ironic thing. After we tell Tim-The-Advocate he's got our business, he sends us an email requesting some information from us and then introducing us to his partner, Jason, who will be working with us. Suddenly, I had the feeling that Tim-The-Advocate was now Tim-I-Just-Kicked-You-To-The-Curb.

So there you have it. Today is structural and termite inspection. Poppy will be going to those. I need to stay here and work on my Project-From-Hell.

Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment