Friday, April 9, 2010

Thursday's Dinner

We had two very large artichokes. Served them with mayo laced with soy sauce. Infinity NOM!!

Not much to report other than it's Friday!! Tomorrow, Poppy and I will be heading to Yats on California/Divisadero for all you can eat crawfish boil! I'll try to remember to take some pics.

Speaking of pics, here's Jax-The-Cheese-Connesewer in one of her finest positions. She actually likes sitting like this. I'm thinking of changing her name to "Contort-a-Jax".



So Sister Kathy brought me a blurb from the Pacifica Tribune that Terra Nova High School class of '80 is having their 30 year reunion and they're looking for long-lost classmates. Uh huh, I'm one of them. The blurb says I can go on Facebook and search "Terra Nova" or gives a couple of email addresses. I go on Facebook and type in Terra Nova and I get the class of 1991. So typical of a Terra Nova graduate to get something wrong! I finally found the right class. Turns out, I recognize two of the folks on the reunion committee. Pretty weird for me given I didn't know hardly anyone from high school. I was the fat chick in the hiking boots and hoodie that you'd see in the smoking lot all the time puffing away. Why they gave me a diploma, I'll never know. Anyhow, one of the gals on the committee is Janet Matias. She was one of those popular girls or as Close-Family-Friend Laurie calls "TSP" (thinks she's popular). I remember that Janet had Dumbo ears and came to school wearing these headbands cause she had her ears operated on so they wouldn't stick out.

The other gal I recognized is Gina Saucedo. We were friends when we were little. She lived down the street on Zamora. I have two memories that stand out. One, where she and I were in her backyard digging up every long-dead pet she ever had so we could look at the bones. The other was that her Father told me that in Japanese, the colors red and black together mean death and I should never wear that combination. That has stuck with me all these years. Anyhow, I've emailed Gina to see if she remembers me. Since I was such a loner in high school, I'm not entirely sure I would go to the reunion. Maybe I would if Fatass could lose those extra 25 pounds!

Y'all have a nice weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment