Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Tuesday's Dinner



Mmm hmmm...It was my birthday dinner only this time we grated some sharp cheddar and moozarela and stuck it under the broiler until it got toasty brown! DOUBLE-INFINITY-NOM!

Dad called last night. Well, actually it was Missy that called cause Dad couldn't see to dial the phone. He said he makes Missy do everything for him. ;) He also said he's gotten back into exercising. So that's good. I told him that Kathy and I would be coming up sometime soon and then he went to his "no" place on me and said "Don't think I'm coming back with you this time." I asked why. He said it was too quick and Shirley is in bad shape. I said not to worry because it's not like we were coming tomorrow, for cryin in a bucket! I guess Shirley hasn't been doing well since the stroke and has been in bed most of the time. The doctors are playing with all her meds and she's doing a bunch of tests. They don't know what's really wrong with her. I came clean and told Dad about the hopefully-soon-to-be-Kasa Kecky. He's very excited and it turns out before I was born he lived on Santiago and 44th...which is about a block away from the hopefully-soon-to-be-Kasa Kecky. Weird.

And that leads us to another exciting episode of THE HUNT FOR KASA KECKY...For the last two days we've been loan shopping and decided to go with Wells Fartgo. Lynnea-Our-Real-Estate-Agent said it would make a difference if one of us had an account with Wells Fartgo. Just so happens I've had an account with them for years. Some years ago, I changed all my banking to Poppy's bank and Wells Fartgo wanted to charge me $25 to close my account so I left a penny in it and that's where it's stayed for the last 5 years. The Fartgos will give us a 30-year fixed at 5.25% so I filled out the online application and then after I got home, Richard-The-Money-Giver sent us an email outlining all the paperwork we have to collect and submit for the loan. Kind of fun now because you can do everything by email and PDF. I think we're in good shape and will submit all that paperwork sometime today. Then Richard-The-Money-Giver will send out an appraiser so we'll have to cross our fingers that it appraises at that 80%-loan-to-value or we'll have to go back to the Seller's and start negotiations all over again.

For someone who isn't big on celebrating my birthday, yesterday was sure a fun day! Thanks everyone...and to Aunt Kathy, I'm going to go home at lunch to see if Mr. UPS-Man delivered the surprise! The suspense is killing me!

Chow!

No comments:

Post a Comment