Friday, April 16, 2010

Thursday's Dinner


Meaty leftovers. Still NOM though. Looking at the picture, if I were to add some pork-n-beans it would look like something you'd get in England.

Well, it's finally Friday. What a long week this has been! I'm afraid the job of house-hunting is starting to wear us down. Okay, it wore me down months ago but it's really starting to effect my Poppy. We've become short-tempered, glazed-eyed alcoholic shells of the people we used to be. Won't someone PLEASE sell us their house?!

Poppy and I looked at a total of three properties this week. We liked all of them, but each had enough "cons" on the list to tip it into let's-keep-looking-land. We have quite a list of places to see on Sunday. I wonder what the record is for seeing places in that two-hour time span between 2:00-4:00?

Why did Sunday become open house day and why is it only from 2:00-4:00? I find it very annoying that I have to give up the middle of my Sunday to go on the quest for a new home. Poppy doesn't mind because that's just about the time she gets moving. Anyway, I figure the timing of the open house was originally set up for the church-goers. Near as I can remember, church is usually over by noon, then you have lunch and while you're still in your Sunday best you'd go house-hunting. That or maybe real estate agents just can't get their act together before 2:00.

Another thing that I find weird is the whole staging of the property. Fake fruit, fake televisions, fake cup-of-coffee, etc. I took a fake pencil from one of the places we looked at yesterday. Not like anyone would miss it...it's fake.

Speaking of church, have I ever told you about "Bad Mood Sunday"? My Dad was very much a church-goer when we were kids. I don't think my Mom was into it but being the good wife, she had to go but wouldn't be very happy about it...and you know the saying "If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy!" so that meant us kids would have to suffer later.

Here's the routine...if there was a BANG, BANG, BANG on our bedroom doors at 8:30 on Sunday morning, all three of us kids would cringe because it meant we had to go to Sunday School and Church...it also meant it was BAD MOOD SUNDAY.

After we would get home from Church and go change our clothes. Mom would come out of her bedroom with her tight white headband on and we knew we were in for a day of house lock down. We'd spend the day doing Warden Judy's bidding, which pretty much consisted of cleaning the house and being yelled at. Don't get me wrong, Sister Kathy and I look back on this with great affection. I loved my Mother very much and miss her everyday. This is one of the things that made Sister Kathy and I what we are today...semi-well-rounded, emotionally f'ed up people with great senses of humor. :)

I'm making something very special for dinner tomorrow...I hope it turns out cause I can hardly wait to write about it.

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment