Sunday, April 11, 2010

Saturday's dinner


Where do I begin...The evening ended with appetizers at Sociale on Sacramento Street but let's talk about mudbugs!

We decided we'd walk to Yats from our house. Probably about a 3 or so mile walk. Poppy found her new favorite ball and for me, a pair of Wellies...SHOES GLORIOUS SHOES...and they fit!! Poppy is soooo good to me!



So once we arrived, the courtyard was full of crawfish carnage. Little carcases everywhere. But were they ever NOM. You paid $5.00 for a bottomless cup of beer.

They had a few tables and chairs so if something was empty you had to jumped on it. We ended up sitting at a table with two other couples and what a riot they were! Here's the line-up:

Two-Fingers Chelsea-Tate (like me, had the two finger method of eating the little critters cause they're so freakin messy);
UbiSoft-Ed;
Donna-I-Have-Gaybees; and
SippieCup (not hard to figure out his nickname. I learned pretty quick that you shouldn't sit to close to Sippie).

Here's Donna-I-Have-Gaybees and Two-Fingers-Chelsea-Tate.



Later, another couple showed up, which were friends of SippieCup. Figures, cause they were really weird. Two-Fingers-Chelsea-Tate and I came to the conclusion that they were both vampires. A guy with fingernails that long, can't be human!

So we spent the afternoon eating mudbugs, drinking beer and laughing. Truly the funnest group of young-folk I've met!

I call this picture "Beer Claw".



Here's one of Poppy's hands. I think she should be a hand model, don't you?



After the party disbanded and we were all going our separate ways, I gave Two-Fingers-Chelsea-Tate what was left of the sixpack and a bag of Fritos. Just wanted to make sure she and UbiSoft-Ed could have something to keep them satiated on the long BART ride home.

From there Poppy and I walked up to the Fern Bar on Sacto/Divis to discuss the day's events over a beer and Mimosa. From there we ended up at Sociale and from there the long walk home.

A good day was had by all!

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful blog! I find it quite interesting that a picture of me is on the internet and I didn't even know it until now! (I'm like a celebrity!)

    We had such a blast hanging out with you and Texas Beck (Poppy?)... hope the rest of your weekend was just as fun!

    ~Two-fingers Chelsea-Tate

    ReplyDelete