Saturday, April 24, 2010

Friday's Dinner

We had some NOMMY NOM NOM pulled pork sandwiches. This concludes Kecky's Karnitas Fest 2010...for me anyway.

Time for another exciting episode of The Hunt for Kasa Kecky...In our last episode, Poppy and Fatass' avitar, Kelly, put an offer on 3325 Rivera Street and were waiting for the counter-offer. Well, it came and there were no surprises...their original asking price was $690,000. Our offer was $670,000 with a condition of a mold inspection (we smelled something in the entryway) and that Mr. Seller vent the oven. By the way, did I mention Mr. Seller restored the oven? It's a Wedgewood. I'm in hog heaven!!

Anyhoo, they countered w/$680,000 and that they could stay in the house for no more than 60 days, in case their new fixer-upper house isn't ready. They would pay us our mortgage in the form of rent. Since we're barely paying rent on our place now, I think the extra time is fine cause for those of you that have had the pleasure of hanging at Kasa Kecky, you know our place is like a mini-museum so we've got a lot of downsizing to do. Can you say "garage sale"?

We accepted their counter w/another counter of a 45 day close. They have accepted but I've seen nothing in writing so I can't commit to you that we actually are in contract.

Another interesting thing is that a non-profit called The Surfrider Foundation is sponsoring a "Greening of the Sunset" so they will be removing some large chunks of concrete in the front of the house in the coming weeks. I gather that we will be responsible for planing some California Natives. So once that's completed, it will add to our property value.

Here are some pics of what could be the future Kasa Kecky:

My kitchen:



The Living Room:



From Living Room to the Kitchen:



There are two bathrooms, this is the upstairs:



Pretty sweet, huh? We saw pictures of the before house. Mr. Seller does very good work!!

Poppy, Jax-The-Cheese-Connesewer and I are headed up to Marin today for some grocery shopping and sitting outside having lunch. How sad, our weekend entertainment is going to a different Safeway than the one I usually shop at.

Today also marks the beginning of my Birthday celebration. My Birthday isn't until Tuesday and, as you know, I'm not all that into birthday stuff, but Poppy is and she said we should celebrate all week long. One of the items we'll be buying at the store is my Kraft Macaroni and Cheese Family Style Deluxe!!! I can hardly wait!



Well that's all I've got today. Hope you all have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment