Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Not much to talk about today...

Oh don't be silly...SHOES, GLORIOUS SHOES!!! Time for another check in with the First Annual 2011 Imelda Dallmann Archie-Hiker Shoe Challenge.

Day 10:



These Dansko's are quite a departure for me given they are clogs. But since they are worn by a lot of professional chefs, I had to have them cause when I grow up, I want to be a chef! Turns out, I really like them. The more I wear them, the better they get.

I remodeled my cube at work about a month or so ago into a stand up cube. I did this after I read some articles on how bad sitting is for you. So, I'm on my feet about 80% of the day. These are pretty comfortable.

Day 11:



These are what I like to call my classic lesbian loafers. They're Bass Weejuns; tassels included. I said this to a fellow Donner-Mae and blog follower, Amy-Mae-Not-My-Friend; she felt the need to comment that all my shoes are "classic lesbian". Suppose she's right. Even my Archie-Hikers will be considered classic lesbian.

I guess everything I wear would be considered classic lesbian. I'll draw the line at the classic lesbian haircut though. You know the one that looks like a mushroom cloud on your head. Sort of poofy on top and mullety on the bottom.

I forgot to tell you that I changed my mind on the color choice for my Archie-Hikers. I've settled on Burnt Red.



I figure as they age, the patina of the red will look better than the spice. That's important stuff when you're dealing with a classic lesbian boot such as the Archie's. By the way, I'm not even halfway though my shoe collection!

A couple of years ago, MomJean gave me a traveling knife bag. At the time, I was traveling up to Dad-n-Shirley's quite a bit and doing most of the cooking so it really came in handy. I was totally bummed I couldn't take it to Kansas with me cause we were carrying on our luggage. It has a place on it, where you can put your business card. So I figure I needed a business card. Here it is:



One of these days, I'm going to buy my blog name a real dot.com. Guess I should do that before the Internet runs out of space. Also need to trademark it and the Kecky's Brand too. Okay, truth be told, I did buy Kucina di Kecky a dot.com, but I spelled it wrong and didn't notice until after I bought it. DOH!

Okay, so on to another exciting episode of Keeping Up With The Kecky's! Back in October when The Aunts were visiting. Aunt Kathy suggested we recaulk the kitchen sink because it looks like we're getting a little water damage between the sink and the wood counter top. I'd put this task off long enough so decided I'd do it on Sunday.

I used the handy-dandy-useless tool that's made to remove the old stuff. I ended up using a box cutter and a razor blade. Yes, I still have all my fingers. Anyway, I'm not known for being able to draw a straight line, but with Garage-Organizer-Poppy's help I gathered up the confidence, the caulk and the gun and put down a bead on a piece of cardboard so I could get the feel of it.

Simple enough I thought...until I started on the sink. I quickly lost my confidence and made a pretty good mess; also went through about a role of paper towels. Ack! I had to hide those in the bottom of the garbage so Depression-Era-Poppy didn't see them.

I dejectedly went downstairs and fest up to Perfectionist-Poppy that I'd probably want to do it over. She said "Did you use the smoothing out tool?" I replied "What smoothing out tool?"

Call me crazy, but don't you think Perfectionist-Poppy should have supplied me with the magic tool before I did the job and completely botched it up? Just sayin...



Oddly enough, Perfectionist-Poppy said it looked okay once I told her I could scrap off all that excess stuff.

Chow!

No comments:

Post a Comment