Thursday, January 13, 2011

I sure hope you're sitting down...

On the way to work this morning, while I was talking about shoes, my true-love-Poppy came up with a challenge.

Here it is...I am to photograph each pair of my babies and send her the photo. She then catelogs each photo. I then have to wear each and everyone one of them once and send her a picture of them on my feets. I can only wear one pair per day. This doesn't apply to athletic (cleats and bike shoes) or slippers. I am allowed to give any neglected children up for adoption before the games begin. Mi-Poppy will check off each pair that I wear from her catelog. Once I complete this challenge, I'll get my Archi-Hikers, size 7 in Spice! Of course, I'll be taking you with me on this daily shoe odyssey. I don't want you to miss a minute! I will also tell you the story behind each and every one of my children.

As for giving up any of my babies for adoption, I have one pair in mind but really, it's like cutting off one of my arms. I don't think I can do it.

So let's begin with day one of The First Annual 2011 Imelda Dallmann's Archie-Hiker Shoe Challenge:

As you might guess, Depression-Era-Poppy just loves going to the thrift store. One day we were in the Mission and stopped into one of Thrift-Shoppy-Poppy's favorites. She was looking at the shoes and spotted these:



Wouldn't you know, they fit Imelda's foot perfect! So, for $8.00, they were given a new home. There is no name on these boots, but there are some initials. So I looked them up and it would appear that they are basic industrial work shoe. The are ANSI certified protective footwear. They have steel toes and if I happen to walk into an electrically-charged puddle of water, I won't get electrocuted. How cool is that?!

All I can say is Imelda Dallmann is on cloud 9.

Let's move on to last night's dinner. Since we're doing the meatetarian diet, last night was steak and salad. South-American-Poppy wanted a chimichurri sauce for her steak so we made one and was it NOM!

It's basically an Argentinian pesto. This is the parsley, garlic and oregano.



This is the finished product:



This is what you put that chimichurri on:



Now, I don't want you to think that I ate all that steak. Fatass and LuvBacon, begged us but we said "No!" We each only ate half and will have the other half tonight.

Here's the recipe. It's courtesy of SimpleRecipes.com:

Chimichurri Recipe

Ingredients

1 cup firmly packed fresh flat-leaf parsley, trimmed of thick stems
3-4 garlic cloves
2 Tbsps fresh oregano leaves (can sub 2 teaspoons dried oregano)
1/2 cup olive oil
2 Tbsp red or white wine vinegar
1 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes

Method

1 Finely chop the parsley, fresh oregano, and garlic (or process in a food processor several pulses). Place in a small bowl.

2 Stir in the olive oil, vinegar, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Adjust seasonings.

Serve immediately or refrigerate. If chilled, return to room temperature before serving. Can keep for a day or two.


Fatass and LuvBacon are still waiting for the pounds to start dripping off. Everyday, Fatass wakes up hoping to be a sin Fwench woman, but so far, she's not. There's always tomorrow tomorrow!

Let's move on. I'm thinking of starting a new series called "Kecky's Kurb Art". This is my first submission. I call him Scary Santa:



Yeah, I know, pretty sick and twisted but we live in a pretty sick and twisted world.

Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. as a shoe fan and a fellow size 7 wearer i will gladly foster your shoes.. you know.. keep them in the family still. so they wont be in your totally enviable shoe closet, but in my totally remodeled closet next to the cowboy boots you gave me that i LOVELOVLOVE and wear every weekend :)

    ReplyDelete