Friday, November 26, 2010

It's all about Thanksgiving...

Today's writing will be devoted to Thanksgiving. We had Seester Kathy, Bro-in-Law-Darryll, Dad, Nephew-Lucas, Niece-Ashely, Bro-in-Law's Brother, Dennis and wife, Sandra. Oh, and Dexter McLovin and the newest addition to the family, Sierra. Sierra is Niece-Ashley and her BF-Adam's new puppy. She is the sweetest thing ever...with really sharp little teeth!



Okay, let's get started...Friday evening was devoted to prep and making a few dishes. Here's how it looked before I started:




Now, we all know I'm no baker but I wanted to make dinner rolls. So after a Food 911 text to Friend and Cooking-Sensei-Jeanette, she gave me the courage needed to go forward. Check this out:

Kneading the dough:



The dough actually rose, which has never happened before:



Here's the table that Poppy set...Yeah, yeah, I'll finish the room sometime soon!



My cheese plate and pickle tray:



If you're wondering what the cocktail napkins says "Opps, I spent the grocery money on shoes." Friend-Drea gave those to me. I guess I have a rep about buying so many shoes-glorious-shoes!



Don't you just love the tray that the pickles are on? When I was a kid, my Mom somehow ended up with a bunch of these trays and we would use them for dinner every once in a while. I'm not sure what happened to those trays so when I saw this in the Goodwill Store, I had to have it!

Nephew-Lucas is very tired...



Depression-Era-Poppy is very happy. We decided to do two turkeys. One spit roasted:





And the other on Poppy's big rig:



They were both fabulous!!



The aftermath:

This is my Thanksgiving Dinner file. It has my menu and recipes inside...and lots of notes on the front. It's a keeper!



This picture is what was left before we went to bed.



I'm starving!!

No comments:

Post a Comment