Thursday, November 4, 2010

4 Days In The Life Of Dad...


So once a month Poppy and I are taking Dad for the weekend to give Kathy and Darryll a break. Only this first time out, Kathy and Darryll decided to go to Mexico so we've got Dad for four fun-filled days.

Lucky for you the next four days of blog writing will be devoted to Dad's visit. The morning started with him coming up the stairs at 6:30am with a flashlight. He's not very familiar with the house and his vision still hasn't recovered from the stroke so he can't find the light switch. We'd agreed that we'd get up at 7:30 so I'm not sure what went wrong with that.

Dad's morning usually starts with a walk but since it was still dark out, I thought better of that since he's not so steady on his feet. Instead, I gave him his breakfast...a raisinette and a cup of coffee. Once it got light, we set out for the beach with Dexter McLovin (yep, he's staying with us too) and Jax-The-Cheese-Connesewer. Remember how I was thinking about getting another dog? Forget it. I'm not going to do that after this morning's wild walk. We walked along the path by the beach and then came home.

Now we're watching Live with Regis and Kelly. Next up, The View!

Okay, I'm watching The View. Besides the political "banter", Whoopie has a plate of McRibs in front of her. Why, why, why?
More later...

No comments:

Post a Comment