Saturday, April 30, 2011

Mama-Birthday Celebration, Day 3

Why "MamaBirthday"? I'll get to that later.

The day started the usual way with me having my coffee and playing on the blog. Then I went fetch Dad for the day. We made a run to the border:



Fatass just luvs her Taco Bell. She only eats it on special occasions though. Burrito Supreme and a Double-Decker Taco Supreme. NOM!

From there, Dad and I stopped into my favorite market, Food Town...Okay, Oceana Market, but it'll always be Food Town to me. I got a couple of grass-fed ribeyes for the dinner. I wanted those cause we have this nice bottle of Mourvedre that we've been saving and this was the night it was gonna get opened.

Then to the house where Dad got to try out our new hammock (aka The Sling):



I also brought Dexter McLovin home with us. Here he is being frisky:



Okay, because it's a violation of the Standards of Ethical Conduct for Employees of the Executive Branch of the Federal Government to receive packages at work, Shoppy-Poppy and I have all our stuff delivered to Seester's house. Why? Because folks would steal stuff if we had it delivered to Kasa Kecky.

Anyway, when I went to fetch Dad, there were two boxes at Seester's house both addressed to me. Now when Shoppy-Poppy orders stuff she usually has it delivered to me c/o Seester. When I have stuff delivered there I have it just sent to me. I knew one of those boxes was from Very-Long-Time-BFF, Jeannie. I couldn't remember what was in the other one, so I opened it. Uh oh...it was my Mother's Day pressy from Thoughtful-I-Love-A-Celebration-Poppy. Now what do I do?

I emailed Disappointed-Poppy and gave her the news. I told her I would put it away for a few weeks and act all surprised when she gave it to me on Mother's Day. She said no, that I should go ahead and use it. Aren't you dieing to know what it is???



That's right; A fizzy water maker!!! I'm so excited. For just $.25 per liter I can drink fizzy water until I drown. The carbinator is 60 liters worth of fizz. So now it's part Mother's Day and part Birthday. That said, it doesn't mean I'm going to keep celebrating until Mother's Day, cause I'm starting to get tired.



I just luvs me lots of fizzy water!

As for the other box from BFF-Jeannie...I figured it would be something Minkey related cause she's the one that tortures me with everything Minkey; well, she and Seester. So I open the box waiting for some live Howler Minkey to jump out of the box and throw some poop at me, but no...



Yeah, a Giants Gnome! No garden should be without one!

So now for the dinnah. I bought those two grass-fed ribeyes. Grill-Master-Poppy fired up the little grill. No wait, I started the grill cause News-Junky-Poppy needed to get her fix. Anyway, we served those steaks with a salad of the arugula from our garden, blue cheese and apple. I made a simple dressing of olive oil, white wine vinegar and some pepper.



The Mourvedre was a perfect pairing to the meal!

The rest of the evening, we relaxed and watched the Food Channel.







Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment