Tuesday, April 19, 2011

My New Oven-Hero...


This is John of Lee's Appliance. I love him. He fixed our oven.

Here's our new safety valve:



I think I mentioned Fidelity Home Warranty Company got sick of us and gave us the option of sending the safety valve back to A1 Stove Hospital in Inglewood or giving us the cash value of the part; $256. After I sicked Poppy on them, it became clear this will never be made right. On Friday, I called Fidelity and told them that I wanted the cash value and let them know how unsatisfied we were and that I was severing our relationship. Not that they cared.

Research-Poppy found Lee's Appliance. They come highly recommended on Yelp and Angieslist. It's a family run business. John's Dad started the business but has since passed and now John and his wife run the business. Oh, and they're headquartered in Brisbane. So I called them; they were so nice to me. It was strange. John came out yesterday and knew exactly what to do.

I can't even explain all this, but he replaced the valve with a new one. Moved it to a better location, set the screw in the thermostat so the fire would remain steady then did a bunch of other neat stuff and showed me some hints on keeping the burners from clogging.

All that, plus he's a native San Franciscan. His Dad started out working for Wedgewood and John loves working on them. He said "You have to respect the old stuff." I sent Poppy and email saying I've met the male version of her! He was there for over three hours fixing my stove and telling me stories about his Dad. Loved it!

I'm very happy!

2 comments:

  1. And so, the valve/oven saga comes to an end. It was a fun run while it lasted!

    ReplyDelete