Friday, April 15, 2011

We Likey The Porkie...


I will admit this pork looks a little rare, but that's mostly because I drizzled my balsamic reduction all over it. I don't know why, but Porcine-Poppy and I could not get over the taste of these chops. All I did was season with my chipotle salt and some pepper, then Poppy cooked them on the stove top. Then I drizzled that balsamic on and around the chop. I served it with mixed greens and the arugula from the garden. Really a very tasty meal.



Speaking of stove tops...The saga continues. I got a voicemail from the stupid home warranty company. I believe they are getting tired of us. I was given two choices: 1) they approved the safety valve for repair; or 2) we could take the cash value of the safety valve, which is $256 and take care of fixing it ourselves and be done.

Neither one of these choices sounded very good. While they did approve the repair, the valve would go back to A1 Stove Hospital in Inglewood. You might recall that was the place that lost it and then found it and it took over a month to get it back.

Anyway, after I got that message, I called Poppy and relayed the message. Poppy was very dissatisfied and I'm tired of dealing with it so she took over. About an hour later, I sent Perturbed-Poppy an email asking how things were going. She said she wasn't making any headway with them and that they won't budge. She proposed that we get a local company to fix it and they reimburse us for the costs. They don't like that idea cause it wouldn't be one of their approved inept vendors. They don't really care of the part gets fixed or not. They are content to keeping doing this over and over.

So, I'm about out of fight. I'm a slumped-over shell of my former conflict-loving-self. I think we should take the cash value and be done with them.

On the upside, in 2008 I purchased this jacket:



I bought it for our trip to Germany a few years back. I haven't worn it much since then until this Winter. It's been my go-to coat. It's like wearing a warm blanky. A few weeks back, Road-Trip-Poppy and I were on our way home from our Trione pick-up party weekend and the zipper broke on the jacket. I've tried to fix it but no luck. I don't think a seamstress can replace the zipper cause it's also embedded with that seam-seal stuff. So, I email Landsend and tell them my tale. The gal responds that they don't do repairs, but I can feel free to send the coat back for a refund. I'm like "What? Even if it's worn?" She said "Yep." Now that's the way to run a business. First Home Crappy Warranty Company could learn a thing or two from Landsend!

Have a great weekend...Split-Rail-Poppy and I are going to put together a fence.

No comments:

Post a Comment