Thursday, April 21, 2011

The Big Cheese...

and I ain't talkin Jax-The-Cheese-Connesewer either! Well, that will come later...

Most of you know President Obama was in town yesterday. Well, not only in town, but he landed here. Take a look...

Landing:





De-Helicoptering (obviously not my pic):



Going bye bye:





Pretty exciting stuff, but not as exciting as when Clinton landed here!

So speaking of Jax-The-Cheese-Connesewer, I tried to take her picture this morning. She no likey...



Okay, let's talk about my nagging affliction...Carpal Tunnel. I don't care if you don't want to read about it. This is about me, not you! My affliction has continued to progress. I've been getting about 3-4 hours of sleep a night in say, the last month. It's mostly my left hand. It goes completely numb with the pins and needles every night...only now it feels like nails and chisels. Yesterday morning I was trying to use my left hand to take off the right wrist brace, only I couldn't feel what I was doing (plus it was dark) so I had to use my teeth. I was also thinking, in the wee hours of the morn while I wasn't sleeping, that my thumb was so numb that I bet I could cut it off and I wouldn't feel it.

I guess it's time for the inevitable...surgery. I have an appointment on May 11 to talk to the hand surgeon. Sounds good only he's the only hand surgeon for San Francisco Kaiser so who knows when I'll get the surgery. In the meantime, I bought some heavy-duty braces. These are for advanced Carpal Tunnel...check them out:

Meet THE MAXAR 1000:



You know, I hate being "one of the injured". I used to make fun of people that had this...As they say "payback is a bitch".

Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment