Monday, April 11, 2011

Another Weekend Has Come And Gone...

It was a pretty busy one too. Started with Friday night with me picking up Dad for the weekend. From there, we met Becky at a neighborhood bar. Dad wasn't liking the noise factor there so off to The Pizza Place On Noriega. Again, noisy. Who knew that Dad would go from deaf to hearing like a freakin dog! But he loved the pizza so not a total loss.

Once home we put Jax-The-Cheese-Connesewer's new scootering bomber jacket on to show Dad. She's not to fond of it, just yet anyways.



Saturday, got up made Dad his coffee so he could take his pills with his Fig Newtons. Then for our walk on the beach. Thinking about what I was going to do for lunch, I asked Dad if he liked tomato soup. He said he did, but likes it made with milk. That told me that he's thinking of Campbell's soup. I starting to think, how hard can it be to make my own cream of tomato soup, so I did:



Here's how I did it; I got a can of tomato sauce, a can of tomato puree and a can of fire roasted diced tomatoes. I had some beef broth so into that I put a carrot, onion and garlic. Cooked until soft and then with a little of that broth, put it my handy-dandy immersion blender and pureed that and added to the soup along with some pepper, celery salt and onion powder. Cooked it for a few and then added some Truvia and a bunch of cream. NOMMY!!

The rest of the day I prepped for taco night. Made some pico de guillo and ground the meat for the tacos:



Dad spent the rest of the day in the backyard napping in the sun.

Check out my cacti:



Sunday was the day we went to Monterey to pick up a truck-load of grape stakes. These will be used to make the split-rail fence in the front and back yards. Very exciting stuff. From there we went to Castroville to have lunch at the Central Texan BBQ. Just as good as we remembered.

Here is Porky-Poppy enjoying her rib and me demonstrating my two-fingered method of eating BBQ:





Guess that's about it...oh, here's a fun-fact: Jax-The-Cheese-Connesewer is 21 inches long...



That's all I've got.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment