Friday, April 29, 2011

Birthday Celebration, Day 2...

Let's see, I got up, took Jax-The-Cheese-Connesewer to the beach where she lost her ball. Then came home and enjoyed my coffee. Then it was out to the backyard...

We had a big bucket of sand leftover from our fence project, so Thrifty-Poppy thought we should add it to part of the garden and then we could use it as we please for other projects. My idea was to make more of a sand box for Senior-Alley-Cat-Roger so she'll stop doing her thing in my garden.

Here's how it turned out:



She's not quite getting the idea:



So here is how the garden is shaping up...

My Padron Peppers have sprouted:



I tried growing these in my cube/office some years back because it got about 90 degrees in there. I had a few but I want more. We'll see.

I've got some buds on the tomatoes, this is a good sign.



And finally, Poppy's Poppies:



These poppies are from seeds that I've harvested over the years. Started with some poppy seeds that Bro-In-Law-Green-Thumb-Darryll gave me, then I kept up harvesting what I grew. Poppies make Poppy very happy.

After spending some time in the garden, it was time for Birthday-Fatass and Jax-The-Cheese-Connesewer to relax. Poppy recently bought Dad, me and Jax a portable hammock. Me likey; okay, so does Jax!



But then Jax got overheated and had to move for a minute:



What a life!

Let's talk about the dinnah...we had some leftover Mexican from the night before; enchilada, some carne asada and some rice. Waste-Not-Want-Not-Poppy had this idea of putting it all in a pan and giving it a quick fry. So that's what she did.

Behold the Mexican Slurry:





It may not look very appetizing, but what a tasty treat sensation! Along with that, I made some beans.

Here's my Mirepoix of red onion, shallot, garlic, yellow and red bell pepper and celery. This was leftover from the other night's chicken salad we had.



When the beans were just about done cooking, I added my:



We had the Mexican Slurry in tortillas with some sour cream and feasted on Mt. Rushmore:



It was a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment