Tuesday, April 12, 2011

It's the thrill of the hunt...


As you know, this is Roger-The-Escape-Cat. I can't really call her that anymore because since we moved, she goes outside regularly and poops in my garden. Don't worry, I've not fed you anything that had cat poop in it. Anyway, P-O'd-Poppy was home sick yesterday and sent me an email that our senior-aged cat had caught herself a mouse and brought the half-living little thing into the living room and promptly dropped it. It was able to escaped under the couch. Poppy tells me to stop at the store to get a mouse trap. No way I'm gonna do that!!

A while later, I get another email from Call-Of-The-Wild-Poppy saying that Mouser-Roger had caught the poor little thing again and proceeded to play with it until Terminator-Poppy could catch and put the little creature out of its misery.

Odd thing is that Poppy said that's the first time Mouser-Senior-Cat-Roger ever caught a mouse before...and it better be her last.

So later, I told Tamal-Poppy I was bringing her home a special appetizer given to me by Seester by way of Co-Worker-Brandon. It was he and his wife's home-made tamales. Here is Hunter-Poppy's response to my email about not eating anything cause I was bringing home a surprise appetizer... "I'm having a couple bites of beans and a beer that's all. Mouse hunting has made me hungry and thirsty!"

Mouser-Senior-Cat-Roger slept from the time I came home until she got up this morning. Mouse hunting makes her tired!

So, I've been in denial for a while about the oven. After the safety valve was replaced oh, more than a month ago, all worked great for a few days and then the flame started dying down, again. I kept pressing the button and that seem to work, but now there is no flame at all. Our home warranty is set to expire in May so figured I'd best get on it. I have no intention of renewing the stupid warranty either.

So I called and they sent out a different Russian vendor. Oddly enough looks like Dad.



He laid there for what seemed an eternity, shaking his head and finally shrugging his shoulders. Asked where we had the safety valve refurbished. I said "A1 Stove Hospital." He said "Need to send back." Noooooooooooooooo!

He'll need to file a report with the home warranty company and then set up a time to come take the valve. Meanwhile, I'll call the home warranty company and tell them we're done with this and it's time to pay for a new stove. Sucks!

This morning I planted tomatoes for Mi-Poppy. She's under some delusional impression we'll actually grow tomatoes. I think we got three tough little cherry tomatoes last year.



Wish me luck. I also pulled some arugula, kale and cabbage to make room for the tomatoes. I'm going to braise the bounty of my harvest for dinner.



For lunch today, I had breakfast tacos. So very tasty too!



Here's the beginning of our fence project. Just need to find the time to build it.



See the wood? We've got a truck full of it. It's going to be very cool once we're done!

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment