Tuesday, December 21, 2010

There's no place like home, there's no place like home...


Poppy and I will be heading to Wichita, Kansas tomorrow. We'll be flying by plane, not tornado. Not only that, but Depression-Era-Poppy scored us a real good deal on tickets. Why fly nonstop when you can have not one, but two stops?! Mmmm hmmm, we'll take off from SFO around noon with our first stop in Las Vegas and then the next stop will be Denver and then the final leg to Kansas. That is, if all goes well. Have you been watching the news? Yeah, what are the odds? But if we make it on time we should land at 10:30pm.

Not only that, but Airsick-Poppy needs to sit by the window or she'll explode or something. I like the asle cause the closer I can be to the bathroom, the better. So where does that usually put me on a 3-seater asle, yeah, right in the middle.

Last year, I got stuck sitting next to a lady with her two-year old who liked to touch me. At one point, I looked at my arm and had a bunch of soggy Cheerios stuck to my shirt. That flight took a real bad turn and I about got myself on the no-fly list. The flying waitress was very mean to me.

Another flight I had an older, very stoic woman sitting next to me and I lost control of my soda and spilled it in her lap. That's was embarrassing.

Then there was the time I went to use the conveniently located restroom only there was a guy in there taking a whiz. He didn't lock the door. Another embarrassing moment. Lucky for me, another restroom freed up before he came out.

So, looking forward to this season's traveling adventures.

Talk to you in a couple of days!

No comments:

Post a Comment