Monday, December 6, 2010

I'm not afraid of baking...





Even though Fartacus-Maximus is still maturing, I wanted to play around with some dough. I found a recipe out of the Prairie Home Cookbook. It called for bread flour or whole wheat flower, baking powder, salt and buttermilk. I was too lazy to go get buttermilk so here's what happened...

I mixed bread flour and organic whole wheat flour (1 1/2 cups)
1/4 tsp of baking powder
1 tsp Kecky's Herb Salt
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup or so of a strong beer (I used Sierra Nevada)
2 TBS millet
2 TBS wheat berries

Sift all the dry ingredients into a bowl, add the millet and wheat berries, then the liquid. Mix it all up. Form it into a ball. Put it on a lightly floured cookie sheet. Get a sharp knife and score the top with an X. Take a piece of foil and oil once side of it and put it on the top of the bread. Throw it in the oven for 30 minutes on 375. Remove the foil and bake for another 10 minutes until golden on the top.

VOILA!

No comments:

Post a Comment