Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Monday's Dinner

Well, I never did rally yesterday so Poppy was in charge of grocery shopping. Our shelves are stocked for the next few weeks. Poppy marinated some Hanger Steak in balsamic for about 4 hours. I blanched some broccoli rabe and made a mushroom jus. I have to say the mushroom jus was most tasty! After blanching the Broc, I put some olive oil, pepper and Kecky's Herb Salt on it and Poppy finished it off on the grill. Such a NOM-Fest.



I rehydrated an assortment of dry shroomies in hot chicken broth. Strained the broth and added more broth to equal two cups. Then minced two garlic cloves and one shallot. Also chopped up about a tablespoon or so of pepperoncini. Sauteed the garlic, shallot and pepperoncini in two tablespoons of butter. Once soft, I added the mushrooms and the two cups of broth. Cooked it down until it looked NOM.

Let's check-in with THE LIFE AND TIMES OF DAD...Sister Missy called on Saturday to tell me that Dad has some raised spot on the ball of his foot. Not a blister, not a callous. I asked if it was a hot spot...nope. She said they both thought it was his shoe. Anyway, I ended up talking to Dad and he told me how he thought it was his tenny given they are 16 years old. Being a Shoeaholic, myself, I couldn't even dream of wearing the same shoes for 16 years! I just shutter at the thought! His shoes are the old Velcro Reeboks that he keeps using white shoe polish on them to keep them looking new. I'm pretty sure those shoes would be considered vintage.

So I tell Dad to soak his foot in Epsom salt and to get some mole skin. I talked to him yesterday and he said it seemed a little better.

Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment