Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Tuesday's Dinner


I'm on a roll...a sandwich roll, Esther-Roll, Jelly-Roll...Whatever. Anyway, another Uber-Doober NOM-Fest last night. Poppy grilled a hanger steak a few days back and we had leftovers. I thought it would be a tasty-treat sensation on a sandwich. Off to the store Friend-Laurie and I went...Went to Bryan's cause these were going to be "designer" sandwiches so here's what I bought:

Semefreddi's Focaccia Rolls
Vermont White Cheddar
Arugula
Mixed Greens

I had a red/green bell pepper at home. Let's talk assembly...

Bread:



Roasting the peppers:



Cooking the peppers with the onions (with a little salt and pepper and right towards the end, about 1/2 cup chicken broth):



Cheesy Bread heading for the broiler:



I also made a spread of Dijon, Mayo and a few squirts of...well...A1 sauce.

Served it with a side salad. So good!

Say, how about another fun-filled episode of KEEPING UP WITH THE KECKY'S! Because Poppy and I had our lab tests yesterday. Oh, if you're wondering, my wee wee sampling came back normal. Poppy had the truck so I hoof'd it home. Sounds easy enough except with all that Doyle Drive construction, there are detours just about everywhere so it's a real challenge for us to get home.

I decided I'd go by way of the Veteran's Memorial Cemetery; I had to hurry though cause the gates were closing within a half-hour. I get inside the gate and start my trek. There is big memorial wall thing with a plaque that I've never read. I walk up to it and start to read it. All of a sudden, I notice there's a bird flying above my head. Hmmm. Then another...and then another...now three of the little bastards are dive-bombing me. I'm flailing my arms but to no effect. I see a one of those tent-things so I run under it. Are you getting flashes of the movie The Birds? I sure was. I get under the tent-thing and those f-ing birds are trying to surround me. Two of them are on the roof of the tent-thing pecking at it and the ring-leader-bird is sitting on a branch of the tree staring at me just waiting for me to make a move.

I send Poppy an email that I'm being stalked by three birds and if I'm not home when she gets there, she should come look for my lifeless, pecked-at body next to the Lincoln Memorial in the Cemetery.

Okay, so I figure I can't stay under this tent-thing all night so me and Fatass are going to have to make a break for it. Now, I mention Fatass because we're about to make a break for it by running up the hill and since Fatass is still fat and out of shape, we may not make it. So we take off...left that little-jerk-ring-leader in the dust, although I could tell she/he was thinking about chasing me and Fatass, but we were like the wind!

Here she/he is. Don't be fooled; she/he may look harmless, but she/he would peck your eyes out in a heartbeat!! The picture is blurry but that's because Fatass has trouble taking pictures while lumbering up the hill...



Be careful out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment