Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Tuesday's Dinner and our Tour of Atria...

Seester Kathy and I had a tour of the assisted living facility, Atria, in Daly City. Let me tell you, when I get to the point of needing to live in one of these places, I'm going to race my Hoveround to the Atria door. Their menu is almost "fine dining" and they've got a calendar of activities that could put you in an early grave. For example:

Here's a class in cane self-defense also known as "Cane-Fu".



Here's an excerpt from one of the students: As some seniors sat beside their walkers and watched, more than a dozen others paired up for mock battle. “Oops,” said Maud Kidston, 87. “You almost got me in the mouth.” “Well, you'll want to do worse than that if you're in a fight,” replied her partner Janet Fee, 72.

Kidston is confident she could do damage with her cane if necessary. But she especially liked other tips, like shouting to show attackers you're no pushover. “I can have a very foul mouth on me if I want to,” she said.


What a riot!!

Dad is going to love it there! We're going to try to move him down week after next!

Oh, Seester Kathy and I had Taco Bell for dinner. UBER NOM!!

See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment