Saturday, June 5, 2010

Friday's Dinner


Started with Happy Hour at Koko's Cocktails. The players: Me, Poppy, ShemShem, Denise, her cousin, Melissa, Kim and some guy whose name I can't remember. Koko's does this event the first Friday of the month called Bourbon and Bacon. Buy a shot of bourbon and get a slice of bacon. Sounds weird, but was really good!

Bacon gone wild:



Because we all like the pig so much, we decided next month that we'd bring our own supply of different kinds of bacon...Applewood smoked, Canadian, thick cut and who knows, maybe for the vegetarians, Tofacon!

After Bacon, Bacon, Bacon we walked across the street for some so-so Mexican. I went foo-foo and got the Cilantro burrito with Carne Asada. Thing is, I'm a Mission-Burrito heathen and I don't like to peel the foil while eating the burrito. I like to unwrap it and eat it with a knife and fork. Poppy said it was okay for me to do it in this place cause I ordered a foo-foo burrito, but she best never catch me doing this in the Mission!

As some of you will remember, I had been working on the litigation project from hell. I finished my piece when I was up in Minden right before Shirley died. Well, I found out last week that between Andrea and me, we had a horrible miscommunication in the electronic document search and neglected to have our I.T. Department do an email search. Last year when I had them do this, I had to go through the results and it took me months to complete. The deadline for all this electronic info to get to the U.S. Attorney is...well...Tuesday. I told Boss Karen that I'd take a refresher knitting course from co-worker, Susan so when I go to Club Fed, I could knit Boss Karen a sweater.

And then I had this dream...Needless to say, our Chief Information Officer, Bob-Jerk-Guy, is not happy. In fact, he tried to throw me under the bus with Boss Carol. Why, why, why do people do these things? Shelly don't play that game!! See Mr. Big-Bad-CIO thinks this email search is a waste of his staff's time and is better suited for Legal Department employees (yeah, that's me) or a temp.

So now I explained to Boss Carol that Mr. Chief-O is wrong and the email search is done by the I.T. Department because (a) I don't have the security access to go into other employee's computers; and (b) I don't have the knowledge to do that search. Why? Because I'm not an I.T. employee!! Once I.T. staff does the search, I go through the results. Jerk! Typical of Mr. Chiefy not knowing what his department does or doesn't do. So Chief-Oblivo met with his staff and now understood that this wasn't a function of Legal Department employees (oh, yeah, me, Shelly) so Mr. Chief-Tail-Between-His-Legs had to back-peddle a bit on his previous comments to Boss Carol. Although, his back-peddling was still fraught with defensiveness and finger pointing. Did I say Jerk? I need this kind of crap like I need a hole in my head!

Now, Boss Carol and I are all about the "There is no 'i' in team" spirit so she, especially, no likey when folks get all territorial. Do whatever it is to get the job done. So, I've emailed some of my kick-ass admin co-workers to ask for their assistance next week to get through the emails. I've had an overwhelming response so I think we can kick this out in a day or two. But then Poor Andy still needs to go through every email and weed out the ones that are privileged and can't be turned over. That could take weeks. Oh, another oversight was that Poor Andy thought the deadline to get all this stuff to the U.S. Attorney was September...Poor Andy is leaving for Hawaii today for a week's vacation. Can't it get any better than this?...And then I woke up and everything was roses and sunshine!

Aloha!

No comments:

Post a Comment