Saturday, June 26, 2010

Thursday, Friday and Saturday's Dinner

Well this should be a jam-packed entry. Let's start with Thursday...Followed my lead-footed Seester Kathy home after work. She so takes after my grandma. I planned on staying the night at their house Thursday since Dad had an early eye doctor appointment on Friday. Seester Kathy said Dad was excited when he found out I was coming over and was I going to cook dinner. So I asked Seester Kathy what she had for me to cook. She said "Meat, frozen veggies and potatoes. Oh, and there was some broccoli in the fridge." That was the broccoli I bought a week ago Friday and left there.

Okay, we've got a frozen hunk of meat that is now in the sink thawing, broccoli and potatoes. The meat turns out to be a ribeye roast so I wait until it's thawed enough to cut into steaks (Dad's already complaining cause it's way past his 6:00 dinner time) and I prep the potatoes and broc. I put some Kecky's Steak Shake in a bag with some balsamic, the meat and let it finish thawing. Figure potato planks tossed in olive oil, salt and pepper and for the broc, toss in olive oil, salt and pepper and roast it all.

Viola!



I guess it was okay cause all the plates are clean and nobody died!

Say, how about an exciting episode of A DAY IN THE LIFE OF DAD? One of the things we were to accomplish on Friday was to have Seester Kathy and I get the Power of Attorney notarized for Dad...only we neglected to tell him that we'd planned to take over pretty much every decision making power he has. Seester Kathy thought it a good idea if we ask him if he was okay with that. So we did and he's very relieved and actually trusts us. Heh, heh, heh...

So off to the eye doctor appointment we went. Good news and bad. Dad's Macular Degeneration is just about as bad as it can get so it won't be getting any worse. Bad news; the stroke really messed up his eyes and there's no telling if this will ever improve or not. The doctor asked us if we wanted to go check out this low-vision center called Vista. They can possibly help Dad with his quality of life. Maybe give him some sort of scope or something so maybe he can at least read a little. Reading was one of his most favorite things. He loves to lay out in the sun and read and then nap. I'm waiting for the Vista Center to call me back with an appointment.

From there, we went to Peets so Dad could get his cup-o-joe and a sweet treat. Then to the notary.

After the business was taken care of, we headed over Highway 92 to Half Moon Bay for lunch and a little walk around the harbour. This is also a favorite place for all of us because we spent a good bit of our younger childhoods fishing off the rocks with Dad and Mom. After that, we took Dad to get some new shoes. He was one happy guy!!

Let's see...Friday night we had plans to hang out with Jeanette-Mae and friend and former co-worker, Lori. They were going to make sliders and they did, along with Jeanette-Mae's soon to be prize wining potatoes. Check these babies out:



I can hardly wait to get into the New Kasa Kecky so I can grow my own! So NOM...and the sliders were INFINITY NOM!

Lori is a CFO and mentioned that she's going to start volunteering at San Quentin teaching prisoners math skills as part of their qualifying for a university program at the prison. Very cool!

Okay, let's move on to Saturday. We got up and walked over to the Pig & Whistle to watch the World Cup. Figured we'd get there a little early because I got the curse and was feeling mighty crampy and didn't want to stand. The place was so crowded, you could hardly get in the door. But we had a great time. Renee-Mae and Jean-Carlos walked in the door so that was quite the nice surprise.

Here we are; happy as usual:



A word about Skinny Jeans...If you have to wear them, make sure you've got the body for them. Nothing worse than a squishy guy in Skinny Jeans. Almost as bad as a guy wearing a Speedo when he's got a muffin-top...well, any guy wearing a Speedo, I guess:



Now, for my lady followers...Let's talk about lady bits. As I mentioned before, I was stricken with a visit from Aunt Flow from the Red River this weekend. I know we all have special names for IT; here are some of mine:

The Curse;
Aunt Flow from the Red River;
My Special Time;
That Time of the Month;
A 1950's fav...Men-stru-ation;
Why did I have to be born a freakin girl;
He's a vengeful God;
My womb hurts;
I'm bleeding like a stuck pig;
Uh oh, I think my Uterus just fell on the floor.

So Poppy and I were talking on the way to Pig & Whistle yesterday. We had this great idea that there should be a "Yes I Want Children" or "No, You Couldn't Pay Me To Have Children" button you can press on your way out of the womb. If you choose "No", you never have to have any of the aforementioned afflictions or suffer any of the consequences that go along with it, like chest and facial hair...or Cod forbid, I shriveled up bagina! If you choose "Yes". You get all of that, plus the pain of raising that child. I know some of you really enjoyed raising your children, but that was just society playing a dirty trick on you. Now that their grown, how do you feel? Accomplished? Proud? Sucked emotionally and financially dry? Yeah, that's what I thought.

Well that was a fun little rant for a crampy Sunday. But wait, I'm not done...today is all us gay people's special day. It's Pride Day. Today, Poppy and I get to go downtown and mingle with all our people. There will be butts and bubbies galore! I'll be one of many women wearing butchy cargo shorts; only mine will be lined with a diaper and all my pockets full of tampons and Tylenol; I'll be armed and ready for any leaking emergency that befalls me...the best part about that is the only restrooms they have are over-used "Blue-Rooms" and that just makes it even more fun, if you can imagine.



Well, I guess I should apologize for the graphic nature of some of my writing today, but I don't wanna cause I know all you women-folk know exactly what I'm talking about!

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment