Thursday, June 30, 2011

Lookie what I saw on my home last night...



I took this at Baker Beach so they must be towing the crabby boat to the shipyards.

Alright, some weeks ago, the house across the street was rented out. I still haven't figured out who lives there, other than this young blonde surfer-looking guy. I did see two women with a U-Haul in early June unload a few things. Then I saw two other young gals playing beer pong one night in the kitchen, but that's it. This is what I saw last night:



Young-Blonde-Surfer-Guy was huffing the garbage cans over all the furniture and out to the curb. Then he swept the driveway too. I was kind of impressed by that. Anyhoo, he drives a minivan with a license plate frame that says "Antarctica". Trust fund baby?

Okay, back to business...I'm driving up to the house and I notice these two guys sitting in a car and I immediately think "Oh great, Young Blonde-Surfer-Guy is going to have a rager. As I'm getting out of the truck, I look in the mirror and see those two guys walking towards my truck...it's Nephew-Lucas and his roommate! Huh? What? I'm so confused.

He came buy to give me a pressy cause I had my surgery! How thoughtful is that?? I told him it was just a little procedure...not like open heart surgery or anything. I still feel all warm and fuzzy that he came to see me. Even more warm and fuzzy...guess what was in the gift bag??





Nephew make Auntie very happy!!

The kid cracks me up...whenever you get card from him, he always signs his whole name.

Speaking of neighbors, my next door neighbor doesn't have a lid for his garbage can so those flying rat-crow-bird-things like to get into his garbage. I hate those birds as much as I hate the minkey...in fact, they're like those flying minkies in the Wizard of Oz! I saw two of them fly by the front window and then I saw this:



Why wouldn't you get a new can with a lid?? You know what happens to the garbage if Neighbor-Chan doesn't pick it up? Yeah, it blow into our front yard and I get to clean it up. I've also noticed Neighbor-Chan and his family have a pretty crappy diet!

Man, I had a busy night last night!

Moving on to the dinnah. I had a little leftover ribeye from the soup I made a few nights ago. Also had leftover greens and some mushrooms.



I sauteed the mushrooms and when I removed them from the heat I added a little of Kecky's homemade blue cheese dressing. The veggies were braised in a wee bit of my soup broth and the green onions were marinaded in oil, a little balsamic reduction and herb salt then grilled along with Mr. Ribeye. It may not look appetizing, but it was freakin NOM!!

Here's an update on my hand:



I know you're thinking "That scar reminds me of something...what is it?" It's the pooh-pooh vein on a shrimp! Yeah, nailed that one!

Bye bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment