Thursday, June 23, 2011

The healing power of family...

Seester has been taking such good care of me. She stayed overnight with me Tuesday, then left Wednesday morning to take Dad to the doc and then they came back, picked me up and whisked me off to Trailer-Trash Turnpike. Sat around and watched T.V. and took Ibuprofen. If you have the BBC channel, check out "Dine With Me." So fun! Then Seester made the dinner...



Note my bunless burger. She also had a side of chili and oven-baked steak fried and salad. Very NOM!!!

Also, Seester has thrown out her back, but was able to bring me back home today. What a pair! She's a saint!!

Protector-Poppy is sad she's not here to take care of me, but I feel the love from afar!

And now, I'm on my own.

Today I got to take the cast off. I'd love to gross you out with the picture, but I won't. Here's how it looks after a shower and an adhesive bandage:



Pretty colorful bruises. I like bruises when they're blue and purple but not once they go brown.

Now I get to spend the rest of my days doing hand exercises:



I tried to do them today, but when I got to "D" it hurt so I gave up. My hand is still tingling, but I think that's cause it's swollen.

Pal-Crin came to see me today. She wanted to make some seasoned salts so I guided her in making my herb salt, a dill/lemon salt-n-pepper and a Mediterranean salt, which we recreated from a jar she had. All turned out good.

When she was leaving, I was walking her to her truck and heard Jax close the gate to the front of the house. The front door was wide open, but the gate was now locked...Yeah, my keys are in the house. So Crin pulls her truck up to the house and pulls out a fishing pole. We figure if we can get it through the gate, we can hit the buzzer on the inside of the door frame and buzz the gate open...No luck.

Then I see the neighbor kids coming out of their house so I ask if I can go through their house to their backyard and hop the fence to our back stairs. Keep in mind, I've got a bum hand. After a lot of pain, Fatass was able to huff herself onto something that felt like lava rock on her knees (yes, there was blood) and over the fence into our backyard. Got that damn gate open. Felt like an episode of I Love Lucy!

Got an email from Adventure-Poppy, they were to fly to Ireland, but there was a big-rig accident on the highway (or whatever it's called) and they missed their flight so now they're staying the night at the airport. So not fun!

Here's MomJean...she's looking tired and none too happy!



Optimist-Poppy is hopeful that this is the only hiccup in their trip. I hope so too.

Okay, time to go find some one-handed dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment