Saturday, June 18, 2011

Whew!

I'm still here. I seem to have slipped by Big Bro and a vacation at Club Fed. I guess it helps that one of my buds in the I.T. Department also writes a blog.

So today is the day that Expedition-Poppy leaves on that jet plane. Sad! When she came home last night, she gave me these:





She sure is thoughtful...even though she's abandoning me for a month!

Oh, it's a Dad weekend for me too. Cinematography-Poppy rented us a movie, Roan something, that takes place in the parts of Ireland she'll be hitting. She thought it would be fun for us to see where she would be traveling. Here's what Dad had to say "It's all water, where's the land? There's no scenery!" He stayed up for the whole movie so we think he liked it...maybe.

His usual response to most questions "Why would I want to do that?" Here's a snippet:

Seester: "Dad, we're going to go see the finance guy. Do you want to go with us and then after we'll go to the San Mateo County Fair? They've got lots of farm animals and 4-H things to look at."

Dad: "Why would I want to do that?"

Seester's never-ending efforts to get Dad involved: "Dad, want to go play BINGO?"

Dad: "Why the hell would I want to do that?"

Corned beef and cabbage for St. Paddy's day...

Bro-N-Law-D-Man: "Jerry, do you want corned beef and cabbage for dinner?"

Dad: "Why the hell would I want to eat that?"

So far, other than my driving skills, I've been unscathed this weekend. However, the weekend is young! Yeah, he hates it when you let people cross the street in front of you. "Aw, Jesus-Christ, run him over!" "Oh for Christ-sakes, we'll be here all day waiting for him to cross the street!" He also likes to tell you the minute second the light turns green. "It's not going to get any greener!" I really enjoy the way he grabs on to door handle for dear life when you take a turn...as if I'm going to careen of the side of a mountain or something.

Well, time for our walk on the beach.

Now he's busy sawing logs!



So, Fizzy-Poppy bought me a SodaStream carbonated water makerthingy. I LOVE IT!! The other night we were sitting there having our wine and Invention-Poppy came up with a scathingly brilliant idea of making our own sparkling wine. It works!!

So for pennies on the dollar, I can make our version of the cava.

I bought a cheap box of wine:



Added the fizz and VOILA!



So we had a little headache this morning...but we're saving money and for Depression-Era-Poppy, that's all that matters!

Let's talk about what's in our fridge. Now I know most people have stuff in their fridge that might be less than fresh. Say, last weeks leftovers. I know you know what I'm talking about. Well everyone except FMM-Laurie cause I've seen her fridge and it's scary clean and organized. About a week ago, I made this rib dish. It was good. Now, I consider it Pork Art!



I will leave you with this. FMM-Laurie had some blood work done at Kaiser yesterday and sent me this:



Have a nice weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment