Monday, June 6, 2011

Where should I begin...

Well, I took Friday off. Decided I'd redo the front curb area. FFM-Laurie gave me some sort of succulent plant so I decided to use that in the front. Had some leftover bricks so I used those for pavers:





It doesn't look that great, but 100% better than it did. I'm going to get some other ground cover too. But then...

Yesterday morning, I got up, opened the curtains and what do I see?



Unfreakin-believable! Can you see it? Yeah, our new pet gopher! He's a biggin too. His head is bigger than Senior-Alley-Cat-Roger's head! Now, I'm going to have to dig all this up and put chicken wire down. I know if I do that, he'll most likely go for our cactus garden and that would not be good.

I think it's time to sick Will-Kill-Poppy after him!

Saturday, Poppy and I fetched FMM-Laurie and headed to The Taste of Pacifica. We had way too much fun. It's held at Nick's and showcases local restaurants and wines. Well, the wines weren't from Pacifica, but you get what I mean.

Here's Artsie-Fartsie-Poppy's camera work:



It sure was a gorgeous evening at the beach!



Enough of that, let's talk fud!

After a week of beef, pork and chicken, I was ready for some fish. I really wanted to try making our own ceviche. I bought a ceviche cookbook. The chef/author is a big-wig in the Latin community and knows just about everything there is to know about ceviche.

Shoppy-Poppy and I headed out on our scooters yesterday to seek out Yum Yum Sushi & Seafood Market. We found it. Unfortunately, all they had in the display case was talapia, octopus, tuna and salmon. We were looking for a firm white fish, so we figured the talapia would do. I also wanted salmon sashimi so we got that too. Oh, and Friday, I'd also made part of the ceviche recipe, pickled jalapenos.

Here it is...









Definitely learned that talapia isn't the taste we wanted. However, you can't go wrong with the salmon!

Say, how about an edition of Kecky's Kurb Art?



I'll call this fuzzy thistle.

Have a great week!

1 comment: