Tuesday, June 28, 2011

I'm not a doctor and I didn't play one on T.V.

So here's the thing, today was the day I get my stitches out. But things are busy at work, it's sort of raining and I don't feel like dealing with finding parking. I emailed my doc and asked if I could take the stitches out myself. Not only did he say I could, but he said I could stop by and get a stitches removal kit. Why bother doing that when I can use my rusty old tweezers. Okay, so here's how it went...

I boiled my scissors and tweezers (they're not really rusty), then set it all up.





Note my fabulous aseptic technique!!

Don't look at this if stuff like this creeps you out...the finished product:



Last night I decided I wanted some soup. I stopped at Sunset Sooper (where everything is like a dollar) and got the goods. I put mushrooms, baby bok choy, pea tendrils, tofu, Shirataki noodles (those are the carb-less noodles), lemon grass, green onion and very thinly sliced beef. NOMMY!!



Oh, and when I went to the cupboard for the soy sauce, look what tried to scratch my eyes out!!!



I think Primate-Poppy was pretty proud of herself on that one.

Yay, I had an email from Pint-O-Poppy this morning. Here are a few excerpts and pics:

"It's 1:30 pm and I've just plunked myself down to a pint o Guinness in a 1700s-era pub called "Kelly's Cellars" (!) in downtown belfast. VERY COOL. Folks are friendly. Just left the Linen Library exhibits about political posters from the "troubles" era, and also how Belfast got blasted during wwII by the nazis. Taking in as much as I can to understand Ireland's many-centuries history..."

"Oh, and Van Morrison is GOD here. Favored son. On the sound system here as i type.
OMG I heard the funniest thing last night in the crown bar:
A 50-something lady walks up ti the bar where i'm sitting, says to the bartender:
"Pint o Guinness please"
A minute later a man (apparently a friend) walks up and she offers, would you like a Guinness ir a beer?
He says, a beer please.
She says, "which kind? I'm sorry, but i'm not a beer drinker"

Guinness is GOD here too.and don't call it no stinkin beer! :-)"

"Just ordered another pint. Since it takes about 4 minutes to pour a proper pint, you have to order your next one before you're done with your first if you don't want an interruption! So I looked up from my nook here and caught the bartender's eye and she said, another? I said yup! They'll let me know when it's ready and I... in fact, please hold... the BT just brought it over and I paid her 3.20 sterling. About $5 USD. Foamy goodness!"

"Man, soon as we crossed the border into northern island the speed limit was posted in MPH rather than KPH, the currency went from euros to British sterling (pounds and such), still drive in the left side if the road but the car we rented in Dublin is in clicks and doing all the mental math is tough!

Brown-eyed girl just came on...
Now moondance"





Chow!

No comments:

Post a Comment