Friday, October 8, 2010

What do you do with Applewood Smoked Bacon?


That's right, you make Applewood Smoked Bacon BLT's! INFINITY NOM!!!

So last night the Giant's playoff game was on. Mind you, I'm not exactly a fan. I want to be and I should be given it's a prerequisite to working in my office. In fact, I'm surprised it wasn't a question on the original application I filled out when I came to work with Boss Karen some 22 years ago.



Yeah, she reminds me of my Grandma Pearl. Grandma was a huge Giant's fan but that was back in the days when Willie Mays, Bobby Bonds and Willie McCovey played; oh, and who could forget Tito Fuentes? Not me, or when I was a kid, the lady sitting behind us at the game yelling "TITO, TITO, TITO!"

Now because I'm not a big Giants fan (well, not on the outside anyway), when my coworker sent me this picture of Boss Karen, I thought Boss Karen had a dog sitting on her head. You know, "WHO LET THE DOGS OUT." Unfortunately, I said that in front of the diehards in the office. Do you remember that scene in Jaws where Robert Shaw ran his nails down the chalkboard and the room went silent? It was just like that only after the silence they said things like "Oh, that was sooo 3 years ago." "Duh, it's a Panda!" Boy did I feel stupid.

In my quest to be a true Giant's fan, my long time friend, Jeannie is going to mentor me and I will mentor her with food-stuffs. A win, win situation. I had to ask her what all the "K"s being displayed were. At first I was taken aback when I saw a fan holding up a card with "KKKK" on it. I thought it was some awful racial thing but I couldn't imagine that. So she told me it's the letter that is used when it's a strike out. That's when she offered to mentor me.

Okay, so getting back to the game last night...One of the many electroinicals we have in the house is this fancy remote control that'll do just about everything but the windows. I call it THE ORACLE.



It's like a little computer that is set up through our bigger computer and somehow talks to all the components. I don't really understand it...I just call it magic. Anyway, THE ORACLE has gotten a little temperamental and isn't reading the keypad to change the channel. You punch in 747 and you get channel 77. Go figure.

Anyway, Poppy started trying to troubleshoot THE ORACLE about mid-game last night. I think you know where I'm going with this...Yeah, 8th inning with a score of Giant's 1; Braves 0 and the next thing I know I'm watching Grays Anatomy. I start stuttering "Gggggaaaammmme...ggggammmme...onnnn...8th innnnning. Poppy says "Sorry, but I'm trying to fix it." ACK! She finally gets it back to the game. A minute later, I'm watching Dr. McDreamy, again. I email Long-Time-Friend, Jeannie that Poppy is making me watch Gray's Anatomy and she says I should go in the other room and watch the game uninterrupted. I say I would, if I had another T.V. Ba-dump-bump!

By the time I went to bed, Poppy was reinstalling the software for THE ORACLE program.

Game two tonight and the remote still isn't fixed.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment