Sunday, October 17, 2010

Post 40's...

Today is Seesters ___ Birthday; but really, she doesn't look a day over ___! Let's just say she's in her post 40's. Last night at her birthday dinner we were talking about that internet site, Real Age. This is where you answer all their stupid questions and then it tells you how old you really are. Fatass is 54! I even cheated and it only got me to 52!! Bro-In-Law-Darryll popped out with something like he's 24. Had I had a torch fireplace lighter on me, I would have lit his arm on fire...again.

Okay, I'll tell the story...I believe it was a Christmas over at Bro-In-Law-Darryll's brother and sister-in-law's house, Sandra and Dennis. Anyway, we were sitting around the table; Poppy and I were on one side, Seester, Bro-In-Law-Darryll and Nephew Lucas on the other. B-I-L-Darryll made some wise-acre remark to me and I happen to have one of those long fireplace lighters in my hand so I jokingly tried to light his arm on fire, but what I didn't know was it was one of those torch lighters so there is a few second delay before it turns into a flame-thrower and the next thing I know, I'm trying to tuck-n-roll him cause his hairy arm is a blaze. FLAME ON!! I thought Nephew Lucas was going to pee his pants he was laughing so hard. Nothing better after a big dinner than smelling burning arm hair!

Okay, back to last night...The family came over around 2:00 and we sat around the firepit for hours. It was a very relaxing day and then Poppy outdid herself on the ribeyes. The firepit is new so she decided to grill the steaks on it. What a treat. The wood we were burning in the pit was Pecan wood, I believe. What a difference in flavor! I made butter-parsley fingerling potatoes and green beans. My train-wreck trifle turned out really good too!

Didn't get a picture of the meal but here's the aftermath:



So as I'm sitting here writing this, I can hear that the Catholics are having a football game at St. Ignatius. They have quite a sound system. It would appear that the only song on their system is "Eye of the Tiger" by Survivor...IT'S THE EYE OF THE TIGER...over and over again. I suppose if they win I'll get hear Queen's "We are the champions". By the way, isn't it funny that America's winning anthem is "We are the Champions"; written and sung by one of the most talented flamboyant Gay men in the whole world?

I will you with this...

Risin' up, back on the street
Did my time, took my chances
Went the distance, now I'm back on my feet
Just a man and his will to survive

So many times, it happens too fast
You change your passion for glory
Don't lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive

It's the eye of the tiger, it's the cream of the fight
Risin' up to the challenge of our rival
And the last known survivor stalks his prey in the night
And he's watchin' us all in the eye of the tiger

Face to face, out in the heat
Hangin' tough, stayin' hungry
They stack the odds 'til we take to the street
For we kill with the skill to survive

It's the eye of the tiger, it's the cream of the fight
Risin' up to the challenge of our rival
And the last known survivor stalks his prey in the night
And he's watchin' us all in the eye of the tiger

Risin' up, straight to the top
Have the guts, got the glory
Went the distance, now I'm not gonna stop
Just a man and his will to survive

It's the eye of the tiger, it's the cream of the fight
Risin' up to the challenge of our rival
And the last known survivor stalks his prey in the night
And he's watchin' us all in the eye of the tiger

The eye of the tiger


Happy Sunday!

2 comments:

  1. as a former catholic student myself, i can't help but let you know its "ignatius" not "ignacius." sorry but i couldn't help myself. it is my alma mater afterall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the correction...I think. Your edumacation has paid off and that's why you're going to take care of me in my old age. That said, I did a spell check on it before I published and I had it originally spelled correcty. Stupid spellcheck!

    ReplyDelete