Saturday, October 9, 2010

Lazy Saturday...almost.

Started with coffee on the deck.



Roger came out to sun her cat-self.



Then time for breakfast.



Here's where the fun stopped...time for house projects. On the list for today is fixing the kitchen faucet sprayer and the intermittently running toilet. So, over the weeks of research, I'm pretty sure the faucet has a clogged or broken diverter. Only what I think is the diverter on this faucet doesn't look like any of the diverters in my research. I take everything out from under the sink and get myself all set up with wrenches and a light. I start to take a look and soon realize I don't have a clue what I'm doing. Since this diverter, if that's what it really is, doesn't look like anything I've pulled up on the Internet, I'm afraid to touch it, not to mention it looks like it's welded onto another part. I wonder if like a normal sink, the diverter is in the faucet housing. I can't tell you cause I don't have the right tool to take it apart.

So I tell Poppy that I just don't want to mess with something when I don't know what I'm doing. She suggests we call the home warranty people. I do. Nope, faucet isn't covered under the "standard" warranty. Damn it! Project failure. Now Poppy wants to look at it to see if she can do anything about it. Ouch...pouring salt in my open project failure wound. At least I think I can fix the toilet. I've been playing with that thing for a month. I'll let you know.

Off to the hardware store...Grrr.

No comments:

Post a Comment