Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Sunday's Dinner...


We had my pal, Crin and her hubby, John over for dinner on Sunday. Poultry-Poppy spit roasted a chicken. I made a slurry of sparkling wine, melted garlic herb butter, olive oil and Crin's Mediterranean Seasoning, salt and pepper; to that I added some broccoli florets, fennel, baby zucchini, carrots, onions and fresh herbs. Stuffed it all in a foil pack for the grill. Also had baked potatoes with the garlic herb butter and chive sour cream.

I love making compound butters. For this one, I had two sticks of butter, a minced clove of garlic, finely chopped sage, rosemary and thyme from my garden. Creamed the butter with the back of a wooden spoon and then added the garlic and herbs.



We had leftovers that I turned into breakfast...



Gophinator Update #4 The Gophinators have done their job and are now in the good hands of Bro-N-Law-Darryll. When I left their house yesterday, he'd already set them. Wondering if he's had a much good luck as I have. I sent an email to the inventor of the Gophinator (Steve-inator) telling him what great results I had and that I'd heard about the traps from a gal at work. He said that Golden Gate Park and the Park here are veritable gopher preserves!

That's it for today!

No comments:

Post a Comment