Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Not just dinner...


but breakfast too!

Last night the Donner-Maes got together for the newly created Donner Does Dinner Supper Club. Jody-Mae picked our first destination which was Leopold's Gasthaus on Polk/Union. All I can say is INFINITY NOM...and yes, Hoppy-Poppy and I had fully-loaded carb beer and it was good!

Check it out:



I had the Chicken Soup with semolina herb dumplings. I was a wee disappointed with the soup. There was only one dumpling! For my entree, I had the Choucroute Garni Platter of pork ribs, smoked pork loin and house-made bratwurst, with sauerkraut and butter caraway potatoes. It's even better for the breakfast!

Here are some of the Donner-Maes. They wanted to approve the pics before I posted them, but tough spätzle!

Poppy-Mae and NayNay-Mae:



Poppy-Mae and Amy-Mae-Not had the Pan-Fried Trout. I couldn't figure out why Porcine-Poppy was having the fishy and not some pork product, then she told me the trout is stuffed with sausage and wrapped in bacon. Duh!! NayNay-Mae had the Kasenspätzle with fried onions and warm cabbage salad.

Norma-Drea-Mae and Clay-Interloaper-Mae:



Norma-Drea-Mae and Winkie-Mae had the Paprika Beef Goulash with butter Spätzle and green salad. Clay-Interloaper-Mae only had a beer cause we kicked his ass out when JJ-Mae showed up! Actually, he was meeting someone else for the dinnah.

JJ-Mae and Winkie-Mae:



JJ-Mae had the Wiener Schnitzel with warm potato-escraole salad and lingonberry sauce.

Last, but not least, Amy-Mae-Not and Jody-Mae:



Jody-Mae had the Braised Beef Short Rib with Gruyere cheese mashed potatoes, braised red cabbage, horse raddish, fried onion and red wine jus.

A fun time was had by all!!

Stay tuned cause there's talk of a Donner-Mae houseboat trip!

Chow!

1 comment:

  1. 1) the top photo looks DELISH
    2) you should have invited me, Leopold's is right near my house and i have been DYING to try it

    that is all.

    ReplyDelete